Engl Fireball clip

_RiseInside_

Sep 28, 2003
Portugal
So i have been recording some stuff these days. It is the first time i´m recording the engl fireball so i would like to know your opinion on how it sounds. The setup is a 1990 ibanez style washburn with a emg 81 on bridge into a engl fireball through a marshall 1960a. I double miked the cab with a shure sm57 plus a sennheiser md 421. The sound is 80 % sm 57 and 20 % md 421. The riff was double tracked.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0258960201/riff.mp3

I hope the url works out ok ! :)

Sounds like you have a potentially good sound here. Tune your guitar and throw a tube screamer in front of your amp and you might be doing some serious business here. :)

_RiseInside_ said:
So i have been recording some stuff these days. It is the first time i´m recording the engl fireball so i would like to know your opinion on how it sounds. The setup is a 1990 ibanez style washburn with a emg 81 on bridge into a engl fireball through a marshall 1960a. I double miked the cab with a shure sm57 plus a sennheiser md 421. The sound is 80 % sm 57 and 20 % md 421. The riff was double tracked.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0258960201/riff.mp3

I hope the url works out ok ! :)
Nice, but a bit too 'scratchy', like the itch you get on the back of your throat that you just wish you could scratch.

thnkx for your input. :) I´ll keep experimenting, maybe next time with more gain to see what happens.

LynchpiN: i can´t accurately remember since it was one or two weekends ago and i can´t check the amp because it is away in another town. I will post some new clips and settings soon.

You are on the track to a solid tone man, the second definantly seems more focused. I like the low mids in the tones (421 helps to keep them in the tone) lots of guys scoop those out but I say leav'em in!

i am really glad you enjoyed the second because i thought the first one sounded better.

thknx for your input ! :)

I reamped the guitar sound so there´s several different fireball sounds. i´ll post some more and next week some mixed with a pod xt.

bye now