ENGL INVADER

Gnash

Lefty
Mar 29, 2006
Warrensburg, MO
www.threatsignal.com
Man! I just played through an ENGL INVADER today for the first time. I am blown the fuck away. I don't even want to play through my od808+5150 rig anymore. I MUST HAVE this amp. THE best tone I have ever heard. FUCK!!!!

I got myself an Invader 100 about a week ago, and yes, it is one of the best amps I have ever played through. Very versatile, 4channels with separate EQ's, different modes, two master volumes, two FX loops.

I still do prefer my Triple Rectifier over the Invader, but the Invader comes very close. I made a couple of clips to compare the two amps.

http://www.soundclick.com/tomir

Sorry guys, only one track at center and no drums :cry:
Just to point out some differences.
The settings were quite similar:
Recto: red channel, bass 11o'clock, mid10o'clock,treble11o'clock
Invader: channel3, bass12o'clock, mid11o'clock, treble1o'clock

The same stuff was used as well: Schecter Hellraiser C7, Ibanez TS9, Mesa Rectifier 4X12", SM57, Focusrite Saffire PRO

Yeah the Invader just has THAT tone I've been searching for. No fizz. There seems to be some fizz on that Mesa clip. No offense, cool riff. I plugged into the Invader without a TS, just straight in and had THAT tone. Just fuckin CHUNK! Unfuckinbelievable! Must have!!

I got myself an Invader 100 about a week ago, and yes, it is one of the best amps I have ever played through. Very versatile, 4channels with separate EQ's, different modes, two master volumes, two FX loops.

I still do prefer my Triple Rectifier over the Invader, but the Invader comes very close. I made a couple of clips to compare the two amps.

http://www.soundclick.com/tomir

Sorry guys, only one track at center and no drums :cry:
Just to point out some differences.
The settings were quite similar:
Recto: red channel, bass 11o'clock, mid10o'clock,treble11o'clock
Invader: channel3, bass12o'clock, mid11o'clock, treble1o'clock

The same stuff was used as well: Schecter Hellraiser C7, Ibanez TS9, Mesa Rectifier 4X12", SM57, Focusrite Saffire PRO

The ENGL's sound better without the tubescreamers, the Mesa clip sounds better because the TS cleans up the tone and adds attack. The ENGL's are already tight and have tons of attack so with a tubescreamer there is no bottom and it's like putting two tubescreamers before the amp.