ENGL Powerball Settings

I recorded today some clips with my Engl Blackmore and Powerball and comapared them each other.
Powerball has mud :( sections somewhere in 500-600hz. (Actually it sounds nice in live situations)
I tried to make Powerball sound like Blackmore. I made hole at 525hz (Q2.0, -5.0db).
Now i cannot hear difference between the clips.

Bass 12, Mid 12, Treble 13, Presence 14, Depth Punch 12 -o'clock

best tone I got (today actually) out of the shitball was something like:

ch3
bass:1:00
mid (focused):12:30
treb: 2:30

no boost
miced with sm57+m160+md421

sounds halfway decent now, but you're right, there are some muddy areas I had to notch in the 600Hz range

Hahahahahahha, I love all your nicknames for that amp, Lasse (and your new sig :D ) Shitball, Mudball, e645 Compressor, the list goes on :lol: Let's hear this best tone you were able to coax out of it!

I recorded today some clips with my Engl Blackmore and Powerball and comapared them each other.
Powerball has mud :( sections somewhere in 500-600hz. (Actually it sounds nice in live situations)
I tried to make Powerball sound like Blackmore. I made hole at 525hz (Q2.0, -5.0db).
Now i cannot hear difference between the clips.

Bass 12, Mid 12, Treble 13, Presence 14, Depth Punch 12 -o'clock

Clips please !

Only low and high pass. -4db cut at 400hz. 412 engl cab miced 3-4cm away from center.

I've been using a 3/4 size Mesa 4x12 with 2 57s (Fredman technique-ish) and it's just so fizzy - I need to try to get my guitarist to turn down his goddam gain. Whats yours set at? Using a TS? Thanks

No pedals. Just behringer racktuner in fx loop.
viewpicture.php

viewpicture.php

viewpicture.php

Blackmore has more crunch but Powerball is tighter.

cool comparison, you got the PB really close to the blacky, good job!

the blacky still sounds better and didn't need massive EQ, but yup...

#prooved that a shit amp with post-EQcan sound halfway decent (or at least almost as good as any other amp w/o post-EQ) if it's miced correctly

cool comparison, you got the PB really close to the blacky, good job!

the blacky still sounds better and didn't need massive EQ, but yup...

#prooved that a shit amp with post-EQcan sound halfway decent (or at least almost as good as any other amp w/o post-EQ) if it's miced correctly

hmmm that was cool, i'll try something similar to lekteri setup with impulses before selling that "thing"