ENGL Powerball Settings

Common... you know you want to admit that lekteri's tone was badass...

Anyways, I love the Powerball because I am so freakin tired of 6505s. That's all I get in the studio besides Spiders...

I own a Powerball and a 6505+ and I must say, I prefer the powerball but I absolutely love the 6505 as well. The powerball is just more the type of tone that I am looking for but I wouldn't consider it "better" than the 6505+ or the other way around.

the powerball basically is a fantastic model.people in general want to find a killer sound in hmmm let's see...5/6 minutes?or what?
this amp can be fantastic for those who know how to SEARCH for the tone they want,and especially those who have tried it with large diaphragm
microphones.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone buying one, liking one, or anything like that. I was just joking around.

Having said that I don't have anything good to say about them after spending thousands of dollars on one and having it be absolutely useless outside my bedroom.

I don't buy the whole "you have to search for the tone" thing either. You shouldn't have to search for good tone. Good amps to me should have good, useable tones all over the place, not tucked away in tiny niches. Not once in the 2 years of owning one did it produce a tone anywhere near as good as my Mark V did in the first 10 minutes of owning it. No matter how much searching I did. That's just my take anyway, I'm sure many of you love the thrill of the chase, so to speak and that's fine.