ENGL Powerball Settings

Track one in the player (viraetas) is poweball left and 6505 right. I agree 6505 kills PB It has that agressive edge which I like(sadly I am owner of PB)but then again I don't think 6505 can do fluid massive saturated tone like PB can!

Hey i got an engl powerball head, and i like the tone but i think i would be good to have kind of a disto booster just to add a little distorsion to the sound, if you see what i mean. do u think a tube screamer would help?
What´s more i saw that people gave their settings but i dont really understand why they only put the gain on 3 ? a guy asked settings to get a Killswitch tone and you told him to put the gain on 3 ? :rofl: isn´t it strange?

WOW!
Sign me up as an ""unprofessional" n00b" then..

I LOVE the powerball, it's tight and answers perfectly to my guitarplaying. It sounds amazing in the studio aswell! And boosting it doesn't add anything good for my taste.

Ofcourse it's your right to have your own opinion.
:kickass:

Black Reign motherfucker! :headbang:

IW_core_trash: Try it with a TS, it might work. Some people have used a TS with a Savage or a Fireball and gotten great results, so I'd say it's possible. As for the gain, maybe they mean 3 o clock?

Hey i got an engl powerball head, and i like the tone but i think i would be good to have kind of a disto booster just to add a little distorsion to the sound, if you see what i mean. do u think a tube screamer would help?
What´s more i saw that people gave their settings but i dont really understand why they only put the gain on 3 ? a guy asked settings to get a Killswitch tone and you told him to put the gain on 3 ? :rofl: isn´t it strange?

are you sure you're not using the clean channel by accident?
in channel 3 and 4 gain on 3 (10:00) is almost too much already for anything....and you want to add a TS for DISTORTION?

honestly not trying to be a dick, but are you 100% sure you're on the distortion channel?

hitting on the PB ... i recorded the fireball and it was nicee ...

Here is a link from a guys studio... and i think he records almost everything on powerball through a custom cab...

www.dbrecordings.com

Umm,

The Powerball is the only amp I've ever played death metal on that actually sounds WORSE with a boost than without a boost. It is a very tight amp with a stack of gain on tap and a boost just makes things sound far too wet...even when turning the gain on the amp down A LOT.

I played one through a Marshall 1960a cab and an ENGL XXL cabinet and while it was ok through the Marshall, it still wasn't that great through either of them.

My band uses dual rectifiers and a peavey 6505+ right now, and in my opinion, the powerball atands absolutely NO chance against these two amps, both in a live environment and a recording environment.

For tech death I'm sure it could work quite well because it is a really tight sounding amp (and very sterile), but why go with the powerball for tech death when you can go with something that sounds better anyway, like a fireball, savage, invader 100, VHT, etc.

I really like the powerball, it has a very tight and responsive sound and that is one thing i value very much when it comes to guitaramps. It suits my playingstyle very well.

On our latest albumd (Rise to dominate) we used my PB and i like the way it turned out.

Listen to the song "Living Sin"... it's all Powerball used on a slanted Engl Std cab.
http://www.aeon666.com/_FileArea/sounds/AEON-Living_Sin.mp3
This song is fucking awesome by the way. The singer reminds me a lot of Dallas from Nile and the playing is fantastic. :)