ENGL Powerball vs 6505 ?

I am in love with my pb. for me the 6150csounded like shit next to it. only mids and no low end. specially on regular tune. i use the pb in open mode with mid to the max. its truth that it lacks mids but good settinge can fix it. if you like mids dont use the bottom option and use channel four with no more than half gain. roll back the depth and here are you mids

well..there is a lot of opinions, but i feel that the powerball is the right thing to do..something tells to go for it lol!

The 6505 (haven't tried it, got the 5150 but it's the same as far as I know) is an awesome amp with great power and distorted tones, but when it comes to versatility, it can't beat the Powerball. The Powerball's also got lots of raw power, great distorted tones AND superb clean ones as well which I can't say the 6505/5150 have. As far as my own experience, the 6505/5150 for some reason does cut through a little bit better live, but that can have other reasons too. At low volume, the Powerball does sound better, the 6505/5150 needs to be cranked quite a bit to really come alive.

But for recording in a bedroom in an appartment, I believe they're both too loud.

I am in love with my pb. for me the 6150csounded like shit next to it. only mids and no low end. specially on regular tune. i use the pb in open mode with mid to the max. its truth that it lacks mids but good settinge can fix it. if you like mids dont use the bottom option and use channel four with no more than half gain. roll back the depth and here are you mids

Nah, the 6505/5150 doesn't sound like shit next to a Powerball. They're both awesome sounding amps, just a bit different. The 6505/5150 has definitely not only got mids. It's got a lot of bottom end (it losens up your a-hole if you're not careful). :devil: