ENGL Special edition preamp video...

Badass riffing/song, and great tone .

I find it a bit unclear though.
When i read the entire thread i'm not sure if what we hear in the video : cam mic, mackie onyx preamp (one or several guitar tracks ?), both ?
I guess it's either the cam mic or a lot of gain that makes it sound a bit messy to me.

what they've got in common is this upper mid-presence and a pretty high HP-filter early in the distortion stages....(that's why you don't need a TS but it can also sound a bit sterile)

It's right. I have a Savage 60 and it sounds pretty decent live or in the room but when I try to mic it, it results sterile and it lacks in body (I have to raise the gain to have a little more body). I don't know if it's caused by tha cab (2x12)..

It's right. I have a Savage 60 and it sounds pretty decent live or in the room but when I try to mic it, it results sterile and it lacks in body (I have to raise the gain to have a little more body). I don't know if it's caused by tha cab (2x12)..

funny I find savage very easy to record. Just put a mic in front of it and it sounds good wherever you put it. What mic are you using and what speakers?

Goddamn Guitar's tone, especially his Savage 120 clips, are my favorite tones on the site. I have a bunch of different Goddamn/Engl clips and while they all sound a bit different, they have a character, kind of a low mid viciousness, that I haven't heard out of any other amp. The Engl Pre has that same unique character. I could create a whole playlist with your tones on them and listen to that shit all day. The strength of the tone also comes from the strength of the riffs and those are some fantastic riffs. Enough Engl/Goddamn worship.

Goddamn Guitar's tone, especially his Savage 120 clips, are my favorite tones on the site. I have a bunch of different Goddamn/Engl clips and while they all sound a bit different, they have a character, kind of a low mid viciousness, that I haven't heard out of any other amp. The Engl Pre has that same unique character. I could create a whole playlist with your tones on them and listen to that shit all day. The strength of the tone also comes from the strength of the riffs and those are some fantastic riffs. Enough Engl/Goddamn worship.

Damn dude... That's totally awesome! :worship:

Damn dude... That's totally awesome! :worship:

No problem, man. I'm really happy with all of my gear until I listen to your Engl clips. I used a Blackmore on tour a few years ago and while it was a nice amp, it was definitely more of a rock amp than a high gain metal amp. I've heard some good Powerball tones but the Savage 120 clips fucking kill me. Keep those clips coming!