England

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Baldyboy, ( I think?) and some others in here are from England. I just wanted to say that my wife and I took a trip to England for our 5 year anniversary last year and it was the greatest time of our lives. We started in London and took a 5 day bus tour up to Scotland and back. I can't remember all the towns we passed through and stayed in but among them were Avon, Stoke on Trent, Birmingham (METTTTTTTTTAL!) and others...Scotland was great, and I even ate HAGGIS!

We got to see a lot in London...the Tower, London Bridge, Buckingham Palace, and sooooooo much more. I personally got a huge kick out of Madame Trussead's Wax Museum! Very cool trip. STONEHENGE was also a favorite stop of mine!!! So Baldyboy was I anywhere near your neck of the woods?? It was great. I just wanted to hear from some people from that side of the world and let them know how great I thought it was. Whattaya think???

ps...I bought 2 maiden cd's and 2 Ozzy discs while there...just felt good to buy some British metal while actually IN England! haha good souvenirs!

Man, that sounds great!! I could dig a trip like that. Sounds way more fun than the typical beach or cruise vacation.

funny greeno,my missus would cry if she read that post.she'd kill for a beach or cruise vacation right now.

you are right ted,i am from england.if you were in london,then at some point i would have been about 50 miles away from you.i live about 50 miles east of london in a place called margate.it is the arsehole of the world.
i'm glad you and your good lady had a nice time in our country,i must admit to being quite proud of it in some respects-the history of it all is cool.i mean,the house i live in was built around 1780,and thats quite common everywhere here.there are fucking castles everywhere,and i like castles so thats cool to.the music scene is ok-london is a great place to go see gigs in,lots of good venues
by the sound of it you visited stratford upon avon-thats where shakespeare lived and worked.thats a great place.the wife and i have weekends up there and go to the theatre to see a shakespeare play(my dose of culture for the year).
going to scotland must have been fun too.i rather like haggis myself,i'm a big fan of lambs heats and livers(with a nice chianti).did you not try their other famous cuisine,deep fried mars bars?instant heart attack country.
on the other side of it,i took the wife and kids to orlando last year and it was the best holiday we've ever had.absolutely perfect for a family with loads of kids.i'm a bit of a porker myself(as any of you who have seen the band video will testify to),but the food portions out there blew me away.i ordered a steak at some steakhouse and couldnt manage half of the fucker-and then some people from texas were complaining that it wasnt big enough!wtf?
sorry ted,it wasnt quite the culture holiday you had,but my 4 little devils had two great weeks in your lovely country.
only problem is i brought iced earths "the glorious burden"yesterday,and i'm feeling a bit guilty about the war........

Stratford Upon Avon! That's it. Told you I couldn't remember all the names. Yeah, we toured Shakespear's boyhood home. Excellent!!! Orlando is great, too. I like a good steak, myself. I would have been complaining about the portions, too! haha

stratford's a great place-one of my fave places to visit.orlando ruled though.the rides were just kick ass.we swam with dolphins at this place called discovery cove-it was mindblowing.universal islands of adventure was my fave.the spider man ride rocked.my kids still talk about it.we want to go back next year.more fat boy steaks for me.hurrah!