Epic Death Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opeth musically is progressive metal. Just because they have growl vocals does not mean they are death metal. I listen to the band for fuck sakes.

Living Inside said:
Opeth musically is progressive metal. Just because they have growl vocals does not mean they are death metal. I listen to the band for fuck sakes.
Yeah, Opeth sure as hell aren't death metal. And it's not just because they have soft passages. Even in the hard passages the instrumentation is not death metal. The only thing death metal about Opeth are the growled vocals.

Definately Vehemence - God was Created, awesome album.

Also gotta agree with everyone who said Nile. Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka is fantastic, though i'm not much of a fan of In Their Darkened Shrines.

Necro Joe said:
Windham Hell. Psycadelic, ambient, neoclassical, epic death metal. And THE BEST solo's in death metal ever. Period. Reflective Depths Imbibe is my favourite.

I've had this album for a while now, but still don't quite know what to think of it.

Amon Amarth
Lykathea Aflame
Bolt Thrower
Akercocke
bits and peices of Immolation
bits and peices of Neuraxis
bits and peices of early-mid Krisiun (NOT Works of Carnage - no song there even scratches the four minute mark, and while being epic certainly isn't just about length, it definately doesn't exclude it either)
bits and peices of Vital Remains
bits and peices of later Fleshcrawl
very limited bits and peices of Nile
very limited bits and peices of Death

I have the first Mithras burned and it is boring repetitive flat and uninspired. They sound like they want to fuck Morbid Angel in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.