epic death metal

HOLLENTHON
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMeEzBR1YiE&feature=related[/ame]

FYI he did say in the OP that he didn't mind if it wasn't strictly death metal, just epic extreme things, which I guess Primordial is. LOG and Kreator though...no.

FYI he did say in the OP that he didn't mind if it wasn't strictly death metal, just epic extreme things, which I guess Primordial is. LOG and Kreator though...no.

Yeah, I didn't read that part. In that case i'll also recommend the following:

Dominia
Windir
(early) Aeternus

Nile.

Bloodbath - Weak Aside sounds pretty damn epic to me but...it's not really epic according to the typical usage of the word in metal.

Caducity - Whirler of Fate
Edge of Sanity - Crimson (Maybe?)
early Kataklysm
Lykathea Aflame

How did I forget Kronos - Colossal Titan Strife.

I used to love Colossal Titan Strife, was one of my favourite DM albums for ages, as of The Hellenic Terror coming out I never listen to it. They're prolly the only death metal band that I've ever bothered to read the lyrics of. : D

To find a webcam and post awesome videos of me playing Ouranian Cyclops and Suffocate The Ignorant or not? I JUST DON'T KNOW.

:kickass:

also: Augury - Concealed

totally! I've actually been listening to a bunch of Augury lately-I think they're coming out with a new album soon

still listening to stuff, but there's been a lot of cool recs and a lot of cool stuff I didn't expect.

I'm actually somewhat familiar with Bolt Thrower- I used to play tons of Warhammer when I was a tyke.