Epic Maiden Songs

Schmidt_Rubin

Mar 18, 2006
Cape Cod
www.myspace.com
This is a question for the band, have you done or tried the epics that Maiden has written? Alexander The Great, Seventh Son etc.. We played Rhyme of the ancient mariner years ago and I remember it was tough getting through it. Me being so old and all..:p

Jenna has a list of songs the band has done in the past. search for "setlist" and you may find it.

They have done Seventh Son and Powerslave that I know of.

Jim

Edit found Jenna's list......
Here's a list I complied with the help of the Maidens. Hope I'm not missing any out!

Iron Maiden

1. Prowler
2. Remember Tomorrow
3. Running Free
4. Phantom Of The Opera
5. Transylvania
6. Iron Maiden

Killers

1. The Ides Of March
2. Wrathchild
3. Murders In The Rue Morgue
4. Ghengis Khan
5. Killers

The Number Of The Beast

1. Invaders
2. Children Of The Damned
3. The Prisoner
4. 22 Acacia Avenue
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Run To The Hills
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Piece Of Mind

1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Revelations
3. Flight Of Icarus
4. Die With Your Boots On
5. The Trooper
6. Still Life

Powerslave

1. Aces High
2. Two Minutes To Midnight
3. Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
4. Powerslave
5. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Somewhere In Time

1. Caught Somewhere In Time
2. Wasted Years
3. Stranger In A Strange Land

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

1. Moonchild
2. Infinite Dreams
3. Can I Play With Madness
4. The Evil That Men Do
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. The Clairvoyant

No Prayer For The Dying

1. Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter

Fear Of The Dark

1. Be Quick Or Be Dead
2. Fear Of The Dark

Brave New World

1. The Wicker Man
2. Blood Brothers

I LOVE playing Rime. It's one of my favorites to play! Seventh Son was also a favorite to play. :) Where do you live Schmidt_Rubin? We just may have a suprise for you in the next round of shows. :loco:

Hmm..I came across the "Essential Iron Maiden" cd and the majestic song "Seventh Son" wasn't included but the horrific " Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter" was. What's up with that?

I was always disappointed when Maiden wouldn't perform these songs, they played them on the specific tours for that album but never played them after. I understand they've never performed Alexander live. What a bummer.. The tours I've seen are.
Forget the tour name, they opened for Judas Priest.
Piece of Mind
World Slavery tour.
Somewhere in Time.
Seventh Son.
Brave new World with Queensryche and Halford.

I never saw them with Blaze Bailey and I didn't want to :)

I remember that I could play pieces of Rime, that when you look at it section by section, its not that hard... its putting it all together and making it sound good that was the challenge....

Rendclaw said:
I remember that I could play pieces of Rime, that when you look at it section by section, its not that hard... its putting it all together and making it sound good that was the challenge....

That's what I found with Paschendale. It's basically variations of the same riff, but it's remember which order the riffs come that gets me. Otherwise (apart from the solos), it's a doddle!!

For me it was stamina (no not that way ladies) geesh.. I had tendonitis surgery on both wrists, a combination of the 6 string bass and work. After that I couldn't play as long as I wanted to even on a 4 string bass. The fast intricate stuff became impossible, so I gave up metal and took up jazz, right now I'm doing a project along the lines of Acoustic Alchemy.