Epica & me visit Israel

Morticia NL.

Orphaned sister
I was thinking that I wrote before about visiting Israel when my friends form Epica were playing in Tel Aviv, but I did not post any pictures from the gig or anything.
So here are some pictures and stories... long overdue :rolleyes: sorry

Let's start with some pics of the gig. Quality is not the usual standard, but the light was almost none existing from the angle I had to shoot the pics.

G4.JPG

G6.JPG

G7.JPG

G8.JPG

G9.JPG

Now here comes the backstage, meeting with friends.
Ofir in the middle and Miri from Distorted with some strange lady you might know
M8.JPG

Me filming onstage
M6.JPG

After the gig we go for a drink, Yves from Epica is enjoying some beer
M10.JPG

Here's Miri again
M11d.JPG

Out to dinner with the band, before they have to catch their flight
M23d.JPG

M25d.JPG

Simone insisted I joined her for a day at teh beach. Now look what happened; even with all the protection lotion we both got a terrible sunburn!
M26d.JPG

M28d.JPG

Some backstage fooling around: Coen doing a kung fu routine (so he thinks)
S2.JPG

S4.JPG

Israeli food is GOOD
S5.JPG

Soundcheck
(Simone is always pulling strange faces in front of my camera)
S6.JPG

S8.JPG

S10.JPG

Ok, enough with the pictures, you can read Marks story about the visit overhere:
http://www.epica.nl/?page=diary

Now we move on to the pictures I took of my favourite subject besides Orphaned Land; Israel

We start with Jaffa.
This is like a small city attached to Tel Aviv, but it was there long before Tel Aviv was built. Actually Tel Aviv was built on the''outskirts' of this place so to speak. Ypu might regcognize the place from the promo pics of the band and the ones in the Mabool booklet.

J3.JPG

J9.JPG

J17.JPG

J27.JPG

On we go to Jerusalem. This is the site just before you enter the old city through the Jafa gate.
JM1.JPG

This is the square you get to, right after you have passed the Jafa gate
JM3.JPG

A display in a shop
JM6.JPG

The Jewish quarter in the old city
JM14.JPG

JM15.JPG

JM17.JPG

Jerusalem is a fascinating place and a dream for an amateur photographer such as myself!
JM20.JPG

Writing in the concrete
JM21.JPG

Kids playing on the hidden walkaways that are on the roofs of the old city. This is the fastest way to get from one side to the other whilst avoiding getting lost in the bazaar. You walk on the rooftops...
JM22.JPG

JM26.JPG

Outside the church of the Holy Sepulchure
JM27.JPG

Inside the Chruch of the Holy Sepulchure.
It is called the Church of the Resurrection (Anastasis in Greek and Surp Harutyun in Armenian) by Eastern Christians, is a Christian church now within the walled Old City of Jerusalem. The ground on which the church rests is venerated by most Christians as Golgotha, the Hill of Calvary, where the New Testament describes that Jesus was crucified. It also is said to contain the place where Jesus was reportedly buried (the sepulchre). The church has been an important pilgrimage destination since the 4th century. Today it serves as the headquarters of the Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem and the Catholic Archpriest of the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre.
You can read more here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Holy_Sepulchre

JM30.jpg

JM31.jpg

JM33.jpg

JM34.jpg

JM35.jpg

JM36.jpg

JM37.jpg

On with street sights
JM47.jpg

JM51.jpg

Now I love bagels, but HOLY????
JM59.jpg

Let's return to Tel Aviv
TLV3.jpg

TLV5.jpg

I swear this hotel wasn't there last time I visited. They ruined the site of this beautiful old mosk! But in this way I think the picture reflects Tel Aviv the old and the new in a perfect way.
TLV7.jpg

TLV8.jpg

Aaah, beachclubs, the perfect place for bumming out
TLV9.jpg

View to the beach and the promenade from Jaffa.
TLV10.jpg

TLV11.jpg

The famous clocktower
TLV12.jpg

Again the same view, different angle
TLV13.jpg

TLV14.jpg

Picture perfect!
TLV15.jpg

Only in Israel- hehehehe
TLV16.jpg

The promenade
TLV17.jpg

Now I am waiting for a nice donation from the Ministry of Tourism for all this work....:)

I hope you see why I fell in love with the place. Now all I need is an Israeli husband.

wow wow wow !!! Reminds me so much things... Jaffa is really beautiful. I hope you did make a wish from the wishes bridge. May be to find soon a cute-whealty-good-rich Israeli guy ;)

I'll post also some of my photos of my trip last week...

Androz said:
Is that an Argentina shirt?:lol:

Cool, pics Nathalie, as usual

yep.....!
Jeroen (Epica's tour manager) bought this shirt in Bs.As, and took this shirt to Jerusalem, and every second people stopped him and said something regarding this shirt.....
mostly, they told him that Brasil is better....which made him mad! :)

i wonder how he felt in the Argerntina-Holland match!
:)

Hi Kenneth, the bad quality was only about the show pics of Epica.

I am eagerly awaiting your pictures BC-A. Shouldn't you be at the Hellfest now? I don't know this bridge where you can make a wish. Probably I know the bridge, but not the story. Seemed I missed my chance there!

Morticia NL. said:
Hi Kenneth, the bad quality was only about the show pics of Epica.

I am eagerly awaiting your pictures BC-A. Shouldn't you be at the Hellfest now? I don't know this bridge where you can make a wish. Probably I know the bridge, but not the story. Seemed I missed my chance there!
Hem I'm broke at the moment so no hellfest... Furthermore it's very far and long to go there for me. But Ollo San and his familly (benkei and sister) should be there...

Unfortunately, as photo cameras were forbidden on the fest site, we'll have to wait to get photos from official press accredited people...

I'll put some pict from the wish bridge (in the Old Jaffa)

Yeahhhh, finally I've been able to solve the problems I had to log in here! So, hi there to all again!

Nathalie, it's a pleasure to see your pics! I like them a lot! One day, one day, I'll visit Israel, for sure...

Eran, finnally, Epica in Israel! :D I've read what Mark has written and it seems they enjoyed their time there a lot :)
And I saw your pic! hehe