Epica Suggestions

AngraRULES said:
HEY!! I was!!!

So from now on you ignore what your own boyfriend says? Huh... I see... lol

*Keeps an eye on IceQueen_. Literally*

Sorry, you were faster! I only saw your post after I wrote mine.
Or am I just TOO slow? :cry:

I don't understand how suggesting another band and then arguining they're better is the answer the first poster wanted.. but I would throw in my honest opinion now and say I too own Invisible Circles and still prefer Epica.

Anywho, We'll take you with us is really cool, especially the DVD, Phantom Agony is a masterpiece, but I guess I'd suggest you check out Consign to Oblivion. mm.. Infact, I suggest you to buy it!!.. ..hehe..

Empress said:
I don't understand how suggesting another band and then arguining they're better is the answer the first poster wanted.. but I would throw in my honest opinion now and say I too own Invisible Circles and still prefer Epica.

Anywho, We'll take you with us is really cool, especially the DVD, Phantom Agony is a masterpiece, but I guess I'd suggest you check out Consign to Oblivion. mm.. Infact, I suggest you to buy it!!.. ..hehe..

I agree with ya. I just couldn't resist Zod's post and comment on it. Also I'm more of a Prog guy than a Power metal guy, and After Forever appeals more to prog fans than power metal fans (at least that's what I see happening all the time). That being said, I totally understand the fact you prefer Epica knowing where you come from . By your posts and what a buddy of mine told me, you're a HUGE power metal fan lol, and I mean no offense whatsoever with that =)

But After Forever is still better... :lol:

Empress said:

Well... actually, there is nothing for you to understand. The fact that people were suggesting AF was just a joke.. at least, when I first read and saw AF's CD, it made me laugh. I guess people were taking it too serious. "oh, are you saying AF is better than Epica?" :Smug:
And since they were starting to "compare" and saying what they like the best, I did the same..just my opinion on how I think AF is better. (Like you did too.. saying that you prefer Epica)

NP: Epica - Dance of Fate ;)

Alright, everybody listen up now.
I hate everyone that says Epica is better than After Forever! I hate them! Despise them! I wish I could ban them from ProgPower forever, and put them in a room locked listening to Korn for the rest of their lives!
Yes, I'm taking this too serious? Know why? Cause I am of troll descent and I just can't can't can't see this happening and not say something! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AND I AM BEING DEAD SERIOUS! HUH!
:devil::devil::devil::devil:

okay, and there is not a problem of opinion.. everyone always compare the music of these two.. I don't get this ''joke'' .. besides the history of how epica started, there music.. it's so different..

Well yes Angrafan I am a big fan of all kinds of Metal, really.. but I guess my taste more is for Power..... but your friend said so?? I don't think I know anyone in your state...

anyway, back to continue watching from wishes to eternity..:headbang:

Empress said:
...besides the history of how epica started, there music.. it's so different..

Totally agree!!!!! :D

And I think you meant "AngraRULES" when you said "Angrafan", right? LOL But don't worry..... Those two... 90% of the people here get confused. (WHY have a nickname SO 'similar'? ¬¬ )
Well.... I never get confused :saint: :p lol

Empress said:
Well yes Angrafan I am a big fan of all kinds of Metal, really.. but I guess my taste more is for Power..... but your friend said so?? I don't think I know anyone in your state...

First of all, I'm AngraRULES. :heh:
In fact, the person that told me about you is a friend of both you and me. They are not from Connecticut, but from Florida instead.

Apparently my friends that know ya are Lucas (angrafan) and Dave (Metal Dave). Don't worry, that's the one and only thing they said about you. That you're a huge power metal fan, and again, that's not a problem whatsoever! :)

My peeve about Epica is this: Take away the orchestrations and what are you left with?
I much prefer the songs Mark has a major role in than Simone only songs and his grunting role seems to be diminishing (at least when I compare TPA to CtA). I will say he's a fine writer but I don't like it when it seems a band's sound mostly comes from prerecorded background tracks. Unless they tour with an orchestra, but the live videos I've seen of them suggest that isn't happening.

IceQueen_ said:
Totally agree!!!!! :D

And I think you meant "AngraRULES" when you said "Angrafan", right? LOL But don't worry..... Those two... 90% of the people here get confused. (WHY have a nickname SO 'similar'? ¬¬ )
Well.... I never get confused :saint: :p lol

Yeah, it's his fault. just check the date that I joined the forum and the date he joined the forum :Smug:

Jibrille said:
My peeve about Epica is this: Take away the orchestrations and what are you left with?
I much prefer the songs Mark has a major role in than Simone only songs and his grunting role seems to be diminishing (at least when I compare TPA to CtA). I will say he's a fine writer but I don't like it when it seems a band's sound mostly comes from prerecorded background tracks. Unless they tour with an orchestra, but the live videos I've seen of them suggest that isn't happening.

Yeah, I agree. Mark writes great stuff but the only things that make it so great are the orchestration and choir sections. The rock instruments (guitar, bass, drums) seem really underwhelming to me. That said, I have After Forever's Decipher album and I don't like much at all, and I prefer Epica over After Forever based on that. From what I'm seeing on this thread, I need to give Invisible Circles a listen.

Jibrille said:
I don't like it when it seems a band's sound mostly comes from prerecorded background tracks. Unless they tour with an orchestra, but the live videos I've seen of them suggest that isn't happening.

I have to agree...it is rather disappointing BUT they will still put on a great show. The problem is to tour with all those musicians it becomes financially impractical. These bands don't make a lot of money as I'm sure you all realize.

Since Epica and AF are my 2 favorite bands and I own all their stuff, I can make a recommendation:

Epica: start with the "we will take you with us" DVD. It shows them playing live in the studio with strings and choir. This way you get to see the music performed the way it was meant to be. Very cool! I can't get enough of it.

After Forever: I would start with Invisible Circles, for a couple of reasons. Decipher is arguably a better album, BUT AF has changed their style since then. Invisible Circles and Remagine are now better representative of AF. Remagine, although featuring the newest member (keyboardist Joost), is not as strong as IC. The only problem with IC is that there are 2 crappy acting sequences that bring the album down to a 8.5/10 as opposed to a 10/10.

Ed

Ahhh yes!!! Okay!! I know Lucas and Meeetaaal Daaave (my great friend!).. Lucas is soo nice!!!!!!! I think from Brazil.. Okay.. well.. I can't WAIT to see Epica in progpower... I know I will be sooo crazy! :rolleyes: