Epilogue

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I think it just dawned on me that up until 1:42 of this song it's Mike and from 2:15 it's Peter. I had never actually paid too much attention to the nuances in lead playing, but the first half of the song is definitely more interesting and fluent.

On that little dual guitar thing they have at the end, I can't work out who it is. It's either all Peter or one side is Peter and the other is Mike.

What do you guys think?

i've never analysed it, i always thought mike played the whole thing. i'm listening to it right now...

i think you're probably right about peter coming in at 2.15; his part is a lot shorter than mike's anyway :p

most likely the end is mike one side and peter the other...
btw, this may be peter's only slow, 'feely' solo; at least i can't think of others right now...

I think peter is great at soloing, listen to the solo in wreath, the first one, the second is mike's solo. But you're right that they have different styles. But I like them both :) And I think that the dual guitar thingy at the end are on the other side peter, and the other is mike. Maybe the idea came from peter as well as mike, but i think they played it together
And the higher parts are played by mike...thats what i would do as a leadguitarist, its more fun to play the higher parts :) hehe

most likely the end is mike one side and peter the other...
btw, this may be peter's only slow, 'feely' solo; at least i can't think of others right now...[/QUOTE]

Peter's solo in "In my Time of Need" is most definitely a VERY slow one... :) and not the best one I've heard either... perhaps that is why its always played live by Per... either that or because it's so effect-laden...

It struck me as interesting, because looking back, most of the harmonized solo parts in Opeth's back catalogue have been done by Peter. The Amen Corner, a short part in White Cluster, the 2nd solo in The Funeral Portrait etc.

So I'm leaning towards the end of Epilogue just being him on both sides. Don't know why I'm so interested in finding out who it is. Guess 'who played what' is the only Opeth mystery challenge that's interesting to me anymore, haha.