EQ - A very good explanation

pulsar

New Metal Member
Aug 12, 2007
Bavaria (Germany)
Hey guys, as I am new to recording, I was surfing through the internet and found a very good explanation on Eq-ing! So for anyone lacking fundamentals on this subject, check this out. Was very helpful for me as a beginner! It also made me think of every frequency range differently! With the Eq guide on this forum and that on that link, you´ll have a good starting point! I hope it helps for all you guys just starting out, or are new to this forum! I guess anyone else knows this stuff anyway! So here´s the link!

http://www.recordingeq.com/EQ/req0400/OctaveEQ.htm

If anyone has information about reverb on drums guitars etc... or a link to a tutorial, please post it! Would help me a lot!
Cheers

One piece of advice I can give you is that compression is at least as important than EQ on drums (I wish I knew this when I was new). In other words, don't rely too heavily on EQ...use it like a band-aid. Early on, I made the mistake of spending too much time EQing and not enough time compressing.

thx Genius gone insane, but is there a thread on this site about compressing drums, that covers all the instruments, from kick to overheads, just like the eq guide? a compression guide in other words! Like I said, I´m new in recording, and I really love this forum, it´s full of information, and Andy and all you other guys are so awsome to share your experience with others like me!