EQ Tutorial – What An Equalizer Is, Why We Need It And Its Controls [Part 1]

MusicProductionTips.net

Quality Mixing Tutorials
Aug 19, 2013
musicproductiontips.net
Hello guys.

Please correct me if this isn't the right category but it was the most appropriate that I could find.

I know many people still struggle with mixing and I also know many people try to make money out of it,
so I created a 100% free tutorial about the EQ.

What You Will Learn

1. Exactly what an EQ does
2. When and Why we need it
3. Learn what each Control and Knob does
4. The difference between the Volume Fader and the Equalizer
(something simple but overlooked but many)
5. High Pass Filter (HPF), Bell, Shelf…
6. Everything explained in simple words

http://musicproductiontips.net/eq-tutorial-part-1/

Hope this tutorial will help some home studio owners out there,
I will create more tutorials soon.

take care!

English is the most commonly spoken language in the human world. I learned that from a Shinigami.

English is the most commonly spoken language in the human world. I learned that from a Shinigami.

Did the Shinigami tell you this in Japanese or English?

By the way, I find no reason for the irony though, it's hard to explain things
if you use a language that's not your first one.

I would have to think in Greek and then translate in English which would
not help me focus on the main object -which is the EQ.

It took me days to record, edit and synchronize subtitles cause I would
like to offer quality.

Some people may find it useful, they would overlook the fact
that has subtitles and leech the information.

It's free anyway, leave it or take it, not need for irony.
Have a nice day man

Peace

Tons of people speak their mother tongue with english subtitles on youtube.
Καλά κάνεις φίλε εύγε.

The thing is just, you could probably find a thousand similar tutorials, explaining the same things, in english, so even though this took you days, those are gonna be chosen over yours. Having made Youtube videos for some time, I know that hard work does not equal exposure. Demand equals exposure, so you gotta ask yourself when you're making vids - Are you doing this for your potential viewers, or yourself?

Isn't this forum a little beyond "What is an EQ?". Im not saying that the information isn't valid but I don't think this forum needs to be for absolute beginners, it isn't wikipedia.

Tons of people speak their mother tongue with english subtitles on youtube.
Καλά κάνεις φίλε εύγε.

Thanks man! / Να 'σαι καλά φίλε!

The thing is just, you could probably find a thousand similar tutorials, explaining the same things, in english, so even though this took you days, those are gonna be chosen over yours. Having made Youtube videos for some time, I know that hard work does not equal exposure. Demand equals exposure, so you gotta ask yourself when you're making vids - Are you doing this for your potential viewers, or yourself?

Both.

I see too much misinformation on the internet and since I like mixing/producing then why the hell not create the same stuff with my own thoughts and words? :)

I am planning to expand in the near future and I've got to start from the basics anyway.

He will have the most viewed EQ video in Greece. That sounds just right in my opinion.

Nope that's not my aim.

I have a separate blog for Greeks. I started with a Greek blog, I got nice responses such as "I saw many tutorials online but the way you explain is so simple and I really understand what I'm doing", so I thought...

Why not create an English version, maybe some more people
will benefit from it who knows.

Isn't this forum a little beyond "What is an EQ?". Im not saying that the information isn't valid but I don't think this forum needs to be for absolute beginners, it isn't wikipedia.

It's just part 1 and yeah it's basic stuff but I thought that some people will benefit from it.

But I guess you're right I should post only more advanced topics.

But still... I don't know, I feel like sharing them, I didn't create them for me anyway. It's a nice feeling when you check out the responses of your work.

If there's a problem posting my threads here though, I think I should ask a mod first, if sharing is considered spamming.

I am here to stay not to spam.

Cheers!

Of course you can post here, I just think all the info has been gone over again and again, that's all I was saying. As far as your video, it was fairly well done.