Tutorial: Processing extreme metal kick and making samples

I'm gonna be honest, the kick sounds way too scooped! I mean WAY! And I honestly didn't like the end result at all, I actually prefered the "song with old sample", with a little bit of sculping and processing it would sound much better, because not only it is scooped as hell it actually sounds pretty degraded, with this really weird texture in it, that sounds like the compressor brought to surface. I'm not in any way bashing your tutorial because it is a good tutorial for noobs, but the end result wasn't what I was expecting really because the souce sample is actually a pretty good sample.
Also I don't agree with the sentence "The aim is to scoop the shit out between the timbre and the attack", although this is what it is mostly done, I don't believe scooping A LOT is mandatory, I have in many ocasions scooped a lot and have also scooped just a bit but left some mids that actually contained a lot of the kick's character. On the other hand I just read that you used distortion in it, so that might be what I don't like about it. Pretty cool tutorial though :)