erics gear?

When I saw Eric play in July he was using a Mesa head and running it through Marshall cabinets. At the time I remember thinking this was in interesting combination, becasue I thought he was using Mesa heads and cabinets. Good to see him using Marshalls now, but no matter what he uses he always sounds great!!

Last i had heard he was still using Mesa Trip Rectos through the Marshall V30 loaded cabs, This has been his recording setup for years. That along with the EPS / Gibson's with EMG's.

I really doubt thats going to change much its the "ERIC" Sound, hell i believe this has been the way of it since Practice, although it was a Mark IV i believe with a Tube Screamer in the front on that one.

The Gathering is a crushing tone, but the guitars just dont cut through the mix enough for me. (cause of the mesa cabs im sure, they have a very dark characteristic to them)

But my fave tone to this day is still The Ritual, that album just has this particular sound. The guitar tone is like all flabby and loose but its still punch and tight, this is something thats ONLY eric can get.

I would love to know the EXACT gear setup for that right down to the effects they added on and what they used to master it.

Classic Testament Tone right there.