Opeth Equipment

Melodeath

Moonbow
Feb 6, 2004
Northern VA
I know Opeth uses Laneys live and use pedals for distortion, but do they use any other types of amps live? Why don't they use their amp distortion?

What about in the studio, are they using amp distortion? What were they using on Morningrise?

From opeth.com:

MORNINGRISE EQUIPMENT

Rhythm, lead and solo guitars: Jackson RR (USA), Jackson RR (JAP)
Clean electrics: Paul Chandler Custom, Jackson RR (both)
Acoustics: Seagull Semi-Ac, Landola Semi-Ac (Classic), Applause Semi-Ac.
Basses: Yamaha 6str, Arvidson fretless
Amps: Marshall JCM800 Lead50W, Vintage 4/12 Cabinet, GK Bass Transistor/Line
Strings: Dadario 009, Thomastik 457 011, Savarez alliance, GHS Custom Bass, GHS 045
Drums: Pearl Custom Z Maple, Sabian/Zildian symbals
Effects: Boss Heavy Metal, Turbo Overdrive/Distortion, Volume pedal, Ibanez Pan-delay, Blubber-wah

Live they either use their Laneys or sometimes some Marshall JCM's (correct if wrong). They run through Boss GT-6's live, they don't use amp distortion because its not screwable with as much as the pedal effects.

Sometimes it's the most obvious places that you will find the answers to the most complicated questions in your life at the moment. Once I thought, where can I find the phone number for Papa John's Pizza?!? Checked Papjohns.com for kicks, and what do you fucking know!!

PS I hate phone books, too many damn pages to flip through.

They use PRS guitars; you can see it in the damn DVD! And the Boss pedal is called Metal Zone, not Heavy Metal. Unless there's also one called Heavy Metal, but I already heard before that they use Metal Zone.

FRUGiHOYi said:
They use PRS guitars; you can see it in the damn DVD! And the Boss pedal is called Metal Zone, not Heavy Metal. Unless there's also one called Heavy Metal, but I already heard before that they use Metal Zone.
Jeez. Morningrise... 1996... Lamentations DVD... 2003.

I bow to your massive intellect :worship::worship::worship: