ESP LTD 400 Series

Wolfeman

I Prefer EL-34s. So What?
Feb 21, 2006
Cleveland
Anybody own any 400 series LTD's? I was looking at buying another Christmas present for myself this week (I know, I just bought a Schecter but I might as well buy something while I have the money). I have a Deluxe series Viper, and I wanted to pick up the MH-1000. But then I saw the MH-400NT, and it is the exact same as the 1000 series, but a lot less. In fact the only difference I could see between the 2 is that the bridge is different and the 1000 has the locking tuners. And the 400 comes with a see-thru black quilted maple top, which looks better than the solid color 1000 IMO. Anybody own this guitar? For the price it seems like a steal.

I got a near mint VP-400vsb with EMGs for a little over $300 this summer and it was the best money I've ever spent. I've kept my eye out for a good deal on another one to have as a back up, but now you've got me wanting an MH-400nt instead. :kickass:

I got a near mint VP-400vsb with EMGs for a little over $300 this summer and it was the best money I've ever spent. I've kept my eye out for a good deal on another one to have as a back up, but now you've got me wanting an MH-400nt instead. :kickass:

Yeah I can't beleive they are so much cheaper than the deluxe series, when its pretty much the same darn thing. I did go look at the MH-400NT today, the only thing I didn't like was that the see-thru black has a purple tint to it... But otherwise it's a great guitar. Might grab it tomorrow.

My main guitar is an LTD EC-400, and I can't find a single thing to diss as far as we're not talking about personal tastes concerning the looks. I actually bought that thing without even trying it first - something I never, ever do - but this time taking the risk was worth it :)

Great value for money, fo' sho'.

I recorded Black Kreek last summer & they brought in an MH-400 & an MH-1000.... fixed bridge models. These guitars just blew my mind. Fantastic, complex heavy as fuck tone. Great stuff.

-0z-

I made the same purchase decision in 2004, and ended up going with the MH 400 NT after having played both it and the MH 1000. I love my 400 - it sounds even better if you put the 85 in the bridge!! You can hear the MH 400 NT on my band's album, I used it for a few songs, along with my F-2005, H-307 and SC-607.

It looks badass under stage lights too!

I made the same purchase decision in 2004, and ended up going with the MH 400 NT after having played both it and the MH 1000. I love my 400 - it sounds even better if you put the 85 in the bridge!! You can hear the MH 400 NT on my band's album, I used it for a few songs, along with my F-2005, H-307 and SC-607.

Your reply has me sold on it. Thanks!

I have an LTD H400 and i'm loooving it! Plays awesome, looks awesome and sounds awesome. I was heading for a MH400 at first but it was a bit more expensive and the only real difference i cared about is the head. Cooler color on the H400 aswell :p

I also have 2 Viper 400's (well, 301's with EMG's), and have had 5 H models and an SC-600 and an EC 400 in the past. LTD's 400 and 1000 series are great Korean made guitars. I prefer the look of the MH-1000NT myself, but the 400 ain't no slouch. I just don't dig the quilted/flamed finishes anymore. Also, for the 1000 series, I *think* you are paying for better wood quality, some better hardware (TonePros and locking Sperzels), and bling bling binding on some models.

So I found a sweet deal on teh Harmony Central forums, and bought a MH-1000 instead.... Counldn't pass it up, I bought it for cheaper than a brand new 400 series. Check it out, hopefully I'll have it sometime next week.

MH-1000

Hi, Shane! I bought the 400 from you 12-15 years ago and wonder if you might be feeling nostalgic for it? I think I've taken it out of its case twice in all that time. :erk: