ESP Viper 400 LTD

baldyboy said:
talk to me anytime you like about guitars bryant,but being the lowly singer and ex bass player means that i'm not the best axe conversationalist.now kelly,the guitarist in my band,he would gladly talk to you all day about guitars!
the progpower thing would be amazing if the guy was interested in booking us-we'd do the gig for free,but he'd have to fly us out there and that would cost!
if we got the gig though,i'm sure you could widdle with a viper all day-we'd get esp to send some to us when we were out there!
Doh ! I forgot you guys weren't in America. : /

Don't get me wrong, I am sure Glenn pays for his pre-party bands, but flying five guys in may be a bit pricey for him. Of course if you guys are successful enough after your release, who knows ? Maybe a real spot at the PP one year. It is becoming quite a success, so I think Glenn will keep it going for a while. I go every year and will be getting tix quite soon for PPV.

Bryant

97reb said:
It is not as good as an SG IMO. The sound is fine, the look is great, but the neck is just all wrong. I don't know, now that I have been playing bass for awhile (in additon to regular lead and rythym 6's) I might have a different opinion of the feel for the neck of the Viper. You know the drill ... "play one before paying for one".
Hmmm.... one of the reasons I was interested in the Viper is (only by looking at it mind you) the scale/width seemed to be pretty similar to it's SG cousin. I love the playablity of the SGs. You can pull one off the shelf even with those horrible 11 Gibson strings on them and they still play sweet as ever. I have never been able to get a tone I am completely happy with from an SG though.

Bryant

Sex Machine said:
can you send me a link so i can hear your band? i wanna get an idea of how good you have to be.

ive been looking to get an endorsement for a while now, a lot of people have been telling me that ibanez would be the best place, but i dont really like ibanex guitars that much so ti leaves me in a bit of a mess.
Dude please take no offense to this as I am a firm believer in "to each his own" but probably the biggest thing that stands out to me as far as Ibanez is concerned is the fact that they have come out with a huge array of different models and styles over the years. I would be surprised if you didn't find one you like.
I'm not a "barand loyal" kind of guy as I own several different brands (including an Ibanez) and am not pushing you to buy an Ibanez or anything, but rather just to let you know to keep your eyes peeled if you are in a pawn shop or used guitar store because if you don't like the new models they have, there are hundreds of older models completely different than what is currently available and they have made some sweet axes for the last 30 years or so. In fact some of those "artist" series guitars are as well made as any Paul Reed Smith or Les Paul guitar and look just as nice as well.
Like I say, I'm not pushing you to like Ibanez, I just want to make sure you have truly tried out a bunch of them, because they have made so many different models. One may be out there you can't live without.

Bryant