Eternal Soul Torture Lyric

if anyone can make out what mikael is saying in this song then they deserve respect.

imo it was a bad idea putting this demo on the cd. i cant stand listening to it, the same with into the frost of winter.

there's a saying:

you know you love opeth TOO MUCH if you're actually listening to "eternal soul torture..."

that "saying" doesn't exist. It may with the nutswinging herd, but otherwise isn't relevant. If an individual appreciates a certain song, which is against popular approval, that says a lot. On the contrary, if a person falls in line with the majority just to "stay cool" that says very little, you have become a clone :erk:

that "saying" doesn't exist. It may with the nutswinging herd, but otherwise isn't relevant. If an individual appreciates a certain song, which is against popular approval, that says a lot. On the contrary, if a person falls in line with the majority just to "stay cool" that says very little, you have become a clone :erk:

Good response. :) But it's not something that I don't like or something that i love in that song. Well.. it's as good as a demo song! :erk:

And yeah, the lyrics are very difficult to comprehend. :loco:

that saying existed probably even before you started listening to opeth and it's only a joke...which you failed to notice.

the point in that joke is that the production is so poor and that most of the bits and pieces on that track were used in morningrise, so why listen to it?

I liked that they included it. It doesn't fit with the flow, but it's interesting to see how much they have changed. I mean, compare it to Ghost Of Perdition and see the difference. They're human!

I don't know whether opening a whole new thread was a bright idea... :erk: but could some one give me the lyric for the song Eternal Soul Torture? I couldn't find it anywhere! :erk:

You should just ask Mikael he frequents this site often. He could give you the lyrics word for word!