Eternity / The Silent Enigma

Dec 8, 2003
I´m a relatively new Anathema fan..I have their Judgement and A Natural Disaster albums and they are both really great!
I ordered Eternity and Silent Enigma today and I hope that they will be atleast as good! Please tell me your opinions on these albums if you like!

eternity and the silent enigma are more... doom orientated.
alternative 4 was kind of a transitional album with great, great songs on it.
in fact, its my fave album.

just look at their discography, www.anathema.ws (or anywhere else), and you'll see which they have more lying around.
i'd buy them from present to history.

bleed_black_orchid said:
Im also fond of alternative 4 and judgement ahhhh judgement :worship: altho both eternity and the silent enigma are not half bad Im sure you will like them.
aah you did a very good choice, the "judgement" cover in the avatar, and "the silent enigma" written under your nickname :hotjump: my 2 favourite anathema albums

right lad, judgement and alternative 4 are the best, then whatever intit, i mean the silent enigma is great and whatever else really, but you get the idea about the best 2, erm and i actually read your post, so you have judgement, so get alternative 4 seeing as you got TSE already, then a fine day to exit then the other 2

imo you should order "alternative 4" and "afdte" as well. "the silent enigma" won't be easy for you after so "soft" albums like AND and JUDG
Well.it´s not like I don´t care for heavier stuff just because I only have Judgement and AND from Anathema...I listen alot to black metal and stuff...My favorite band is probably Opeth..
You know, I love Darkthrone´s A Blaze In The Northern Sky for example...So that won´t be a problem...

All are great/exquisit in their own way, their all me favz.
Although I have to say to "Beyond Christ's Embrace" that he has to expect a different
sound on The Silent enigma, and he'll like it provided he likes proper doooom.
cheers:)

Eternity :worship:

This album is special for me and has a unique and magikal atmosphere...Vinnie's vocals although not so good as at their later releases fit this songs perfectly...very fragile...