Eternity X For Prog Power 8

Do you want Eternity X at the next ProgPower?

• YES!!!!

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • NO!!!

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I Don't Care Ether Way

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Not Sure Don't Know Who They Are.

Votes: 23 25.3%

• Total voters
I personally felt that the exhibition album was awful for three main reasons.
Which I will get to in a moment. I will say this I was very dispointed when I got this album and
disliked it so much. Because I was a long time Eternity X fan and thought”Hey Eternity X members it's gotta rock” I honestly felt like someone smacked me. That was the first sign to me that Keith helped bring out the best in all band members. Since then working with him and the new line up I see he has a way of taking talented musicians and helping them do more than they thought they could. That is kinda what I feel took place on “The Edge”. Like I said before I feel that each added their own touches thats for sure. But the real heart was Keith. Also these days even Keith will give credit to the former members and wishes them the very best.

Okay on to my reasons for disliking exhibition

1.The vocals: They were often off key and just simple annoying . It also sounded like he struggled for any notes that were half way high.

2.The Bass Player : One of the things I loved about Eternity X was Zeeks bass playing. Exhibition was minus him. The guy they got was okay I guess. Just not up to my standards .

3.Song writing and structure. I often felt that some of the technicality was pointless . Many parts seem to flashy which made it far to jumbled. The lyrics were okay on some songs and just awful on others.

Anyways lets move back to the topic at hand if we can.
Thanks!

Btw I wanted to thank you all for your comments and for voting.
I also find it nice to hear peoples different on the music. Because I'm working directly with the band I can help push for what you the fellow fans what.

I hope Glenn chimes in at some point. Realistically, I could see them playing the pre-parThursday night as many people don't really know who they are and i feel this would be a great way for the older fans to get reaquainted and for them to gain some new exposure. Glenn might not be ready to throw them into a 3 spot simply based upon the fact that the last album was almost 10 years ago, and there has been nothing new since. Hopefully From The Ashes will be out soon and this will give Shane an incentive to book them for Thursday night as a co-headliner of some sort. Pure speculation on my behalf, but the bottom line is I have to see Keith perform The Edge live! With all due respect to the other members, I realy don't care who is playing the instruments, I need to see the emotion in Keith's vocals as he performs The Confession!!!

As of the previous posts indicated, this is one band that I would travel almost anywhere to see them perform. Let me rephrase that; I need to see and hear Keith sing The Edge in its entirety!!!

Man if you like "The Confession" just wait until you hear "The Confession II". The new band has added touches to the way the second chapter had been written that has made it a much greater song than ever before. It will be heavy and melodic. The first one was my second favorite ETX song beaten only by "Eulogy"(Which I had the owner of getting to do a duet on with Keith). But “The Confession II” I feel is a far better song then the first one.

So you are really in for the treat. We will hopefully be in the studio around Feb or March. Also you can be sure that in any live show the stuff from "The Edge" will play a very large part. Along with the new stuff.

Also let me hear what types of things you would like to hear in the new stuff. Do you want it to be heavier or softer or stay the same type of mixture as you already know.
Give me some input and I will give it directly to Keith and the other band members.

Thanks!

nightwish58 said:
I hope Glenn chimes in at some point. Realistically, I could see them playing the pre-parThursday night as many people don't really know who they are and i feel this would be a great way for the older fans to get reaquainted and for them to gain some new exposure. Glenn might not be ready to throw them into a 3 spot simply based upon the fact that the last album was almost 10 years ago, and there has been nothing new since. Hopefully From The Ashes will be out soon and this will give Shane an incentive to book them for Thursday night as a co-headliner of some sort. Pure speculation on my behalf, but the bottom line is I have to see Keith perform The Edge live! With all due respect to the other members, I realy don't care who is playing the instruments, I need to see the emotion in Keith's vocals as he performs The Confession!!!

As of the previous posts indicated, this is one band that I would travel almost anywhere to see them perform. Let me rephrase that; I need to see and hear Keith sing The Edge in its entirety!!!

I simply want a natural progression from The Edge. I for one am a sucker for keyboards, and I know Keith went through a stage where he felt keys were not necessary, but being that this is an open forum, I must say I disagree. Keys played a strong factor in making The Edge what it was, and I hope Keith has reconsidered and decided to add keys to the new album.

With that said, I love the contrast between heavy, aggresive, and soft and mellow. That is exactly what made The Edge so great! Another aspect of the music that i hope will remain is Keith's different vocal approaches. The high pitched vocals on The Edge, which if i am not mistaken, were almost axed by Keith, are absolutely amazing . I am still shocked to this day that it is actually Keith's voice.

The bottom line is that Keith singing with emotion is vey hard to top as he, in my opinion, is one of the most passionate singers i have ever heard. As long as he maintains that style, I'm sure we will be in for a treat.

I really do hope I will get to see him perform at PP next year; personally, it would be the most anticiapted show ever aside from Conception (Thanks again Glenn for making that happen!).

nightwish58 said:
I simply want a natural progression from The Edge. I for one am a sucker for keyboards, and I know Keith went through a stage where he felt keys were not necessary, but being that this is an open forum, I must say I disagree. Keys played a strong factor in making The Edge what it was, and I hope Keith has reconsidered and decided to add keys to the new album.

With that said, I love the contrast between heavy, aggresive, and soft and mellow. That is exactly what made The Edge so great! Another aspect of the music that i hope will remain is Keith's different vocal approaches. The high pitched vocals on The Edge, which if i am not mistaken, were almost axed by Keith, are absolutely amazing . I am still shocked to this day that it is actually Keith's voice.

The bottom line is that Keith singing with emotion is vey hard to top as he, in my opinion, is one of the most passionate singers i have ever heard. As long as he maintains that style, I'm sure we will be in for a treat.

I really do hope I will get to see him perform at PP next year; personally, it would be the most anticiapted show ever aside from Conception (Thanks again Glenn for making that happen!).

Keys not necessary? Whaaaaaa? Maybe the keyboard sounds used on The Edge could have been a little more natural/full sounding... but piano/keyboards are what make that band for me. Without them, they'd be substantially weaker.

The Michael

We are doing our very best to get keyboards worked in. I still don't see their being as much as "The Edge" but the effect will be their to make the songs full and rich.

Also if you like Keith's voice on "The Edge" wait until you hear him now!
His range has grown 10 fold. That's no joke! Recently he and I were talking about one of the songs from the new album and the High note's he hit on the old live recording and he said "Oh you mean this?" and just out of no where topped that high now but yet kept his voice clean and clear. He has blown my mind several times now with his increased range and ability. He has told me things he once struggled to reach flow easily now and I have no doubt about that.

Also thank you for your input. It means alot to us and we are doing our very best to please the fans.

Also we are going to attempt to get to play at PP8. If they will have us we would be there.

nightwish58 said:

I for one would love to see Eternity X at Progpower. Just so long as they and the vendors bring some copies of their discography along with them. I lost my copy of "The Edge" and I've never heard "Mind Games". I do still have my copy of "Zodiac" though, which is living proof that no matter how hard you try, you can't lose bad albums.

We are doing our best to make sure the albums can get in the hands of all of those who want them. So if we did play than it would be very,very likely that
the cd's would be there along with T shirts.
Also if you haven't heard "Mind Game" you are really missing out. Some of my favorite tracks are from that album. It's a different style than "The Edge" But it's a disk.

Thanks!

I like Mind Games a lot... but the best EtX stuff, after The Edge, is the OOOOOOLD material... The Never-Ending Dream, and After the Silence. I was lucky enough to get cassettes (these were only ever released on cassette) from Jimmy, and they rock.

I agree the old stuff is great. When we signed to Black Lotus the plan was to release all of that old stuff on CD. But that compeny went under. But hopefully we can managed something in the future.

booB said:
I like Mind Games a lot... but the best EtX stuff, after The Edge, is the OOOOOOLD material... The Never-Ending Dream, and After the Silence. I was lucky enough to get cassettes (these were only ever released on cassette) from Jimmy, and they rock.

Am I one of the only ones that actually likes Zodiac? I know DTJesus love that album as well. Sure the lyrics are a little cheesy... but the songs were GREAT! I actually like that album a lot better than Mind Games.

The Michael

Mustang said:
Also we are going to attempt to get to play at PP8. If they will have us we would be there.

Hey Glenn... although I'm not going to pay you 500 dollars to make this happen... please make this happen :) I'll offer to rent a van and pick them up on the way down from Chicago! This way you won't have to pay to fly them in. There... you can save my post and use it as a contract for later use. :lol: But seriously, if I were to ever start a band of my own, the style of music would probably be very similar to what Eternity X do. I really feel their style.

So seeing Eternity X at Prog Power would be a legend. After it happened, nobody would believe it. :worship:

Just to give you an idea of how great this band is, I sent a CDR of about 12 fantastic prog/power bands that a friend that regularly attends Prog Power had never heard. Eternity X's "Baptized by Fire" was the one she enjoyed the most. It didn't surprise me, however, as Eternity X is usually the band I use to impress the ladies :lol:

The Michael

I personally enjoy Zodiac. That is the album that got me into Eternity X.
Now I feel Mind Games and the edge are better albums. But Zodiac still rocks. What I like about that was the fact that it was more strait up rock than anything. It fits well with my mood at times.:headbang:

Michael TEOF said:
Am I one of the only ones that actually likes Zodiac? I know DTJesus love that album as well. Sure the lyrics are a little cheesy... but the songs were GREAT! I actually like that album a lot better than Mind Games.

The Michael

Nah - you're not alone. Sure, the lyrics are kind of cheesy, and the music is pretty straightforward rock, but I like that album. The Edge is their pinnacle, but Zodiac is still worth listening.

Steve in Philly

P.S. - When you think about it, the premise of an album about the different signs of the Zodiac is a great idea.

I really, really, wanted Zodiac because I thought the concept was cool. But it just didn't work as Sudano intended I guess.