Eternity X For Prog Power 8

Do you want Eternity X at the next ProgPower?

• YES!!!!

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • NO!!!

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I Don't Care Ether Way

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Not Sure Don't Know Who They Are.

Votes: 23 25.3%

• Total voters
Um, excuse me I know what I like and I'll kick YOUR ass any day of the week!!!!! :heh:

Oh daaay-aaamn. Don't force me to open another poll thread, lady. We'll settle the "Baptized by Fire" vs. "A Day in Verse" debate any day :) "Baptized by Fire" hooks the ladies better, as it can be construed better as a love song :lol: What girl wouldn't want Baptized by Fire sung to her by the guy of her dreams? If a man sung both songs to you, I guarantee you "Baptized by Fire" would make your heart sink.

And I just witnessed concert footage of Eternity X in action. So I've viewed the band perform both songs live. The performance was absolutely fantastic, even though the band looked like the cast from Revenge of the Nerds. Keith had a Madonna-style headset on.... and, get this, KNEE Pads. Freakin' knee pads! And did he use those knee pads? Let's just say, if he didn't have them on, his knees would be real sore.

Now that I have seen the band perform The Edge songs live, I am CONVINCED that Eternity X must perform Prog Power (damnit Glenn, pay attention to this post already haha!). Keith really gets into it and randomly pops up at different locations singing :lol: The only thing I'm going to recommend is that he wear his knee pads under his jeans next time. Or maybe have a couple of pillows positioned around stage for the spontaneous kneeling/emotional singing passages.

All joking aside, Eternity X definately sound like the kind of band more focussed on making sure their sound is clear and well mixed rather than just loud. The transition between the soft and hard parts... oh man, let me just say... I was feelin' it.

Prog Power needs more bands like this!

The Michael

What girl wouldn't want Baptized by Fire sung to her by the guy of her dreams? If a man sung both songs to you, I guarantee you "Baptized by Fire" would make your heart sink.
The Michael
If a man sang any song to me I'd probably :puke: anyway!

I want this video you speak of as well!!

Hey man,
Any way we can get a copy of this footage ? Keith has been searching for his for a while now to show the new members. He has found a small amount of footage nut not the live show videos to show them exactly what they did on stage.

Oh daaay-aaamn. Don't force me to open another poll thread, lady. We'll settle the "Baptized by Fire" vs. "A Day in Verse" debate any day :) "Baptized by Fire" hooks the ladies better, as it can be construed better as a love song :lol: What girl wouldn't want Baptized by Fire sung to her by the guy of her dreams? If a man sung both songs to you, I guarantee you "Baptized by Fire" would make your heart sink.

And I just witnessed concert footage of Eternity X in action. So I've viewed the band perform both songs live. The performance was absolutely fantastic, even though the band looked like the cast from Revenge of the Nerds. Keith had a Madonna-style headset on.... and, get this, KNEE Pads. Freakin' knee pads! And did he use those knee pads? Let's just say, if he didn't have them on, his knees would be real sore.

Now that I have seen the band perform The Edge songs live, I am CONVINCED that Eternity X must perform Prog Power (damnit Glenn, pay attention to this post already haha!). Keith really gets into it and randomly pops up at different locations singing :lol: The only thing I'm going to recommend is that he wear his knee pads under his jeans next time. Or maybe have a couple of pillows positioned around stage for the spontaneous kneeling/emotional singing passages.

All joking aside, Eternity X definately sound like the kind of band more focussed on making sure their sound is clear and well mixed rather than just loud. The transition between the soft and hard parts... oh man, let me just say... I was feelin' it.

The Michael

The Michael

Oh how I need that footage. :(

I'll take that honor during the karoke pre-party next year. I'll get a headset and some knee pads and slide down to to her. I'm going to pick some Journey or Def Lepard ballad to sing too :lol: Watch out Tess!

The Michael
OMG! Scorpions, please? ;)

Seriously dude -- what is up with this video you have? Don't make me start a thread on here about your brother. ;) ;) Send me the video!!!

OMG! Scorpions, please? ;)

Seriously dude -- what is up with this video you have? Don't make me start a thread on here about your brother. ;) ;) Send me the video!!!

DTJesus (Matt) actually has it. He got the copy from one of the old band members. Maybe he would be kind enough to make copies for everyone. I don't even have a VCR though. That's like old technology. Maybe they have VCRs in the Lost City of Atlantis... but I don't know anyone else besides Matt that owns one of these ancient marvels of technological advancement.

The Michael

I'm still shocked by the fact that I still have a VCR.
Also Keith will be flying in here to work with the guys and sing a little.
If I can be hooked up with that video I'll send video of the new guys with Keith In January. You will even get to see a never before heard song!

Take care

Would it be too much to see if my friend Matt comes down and maybe a few other friends and we could hang out one weekend. Get some dinner, drinks. Matt could bring his Eternity X tape. Make it a bit of party or gathering for fans. Just a thought.

The Michael

Would it be to much ?? Heck no! Dude do you have any clue how much the band would love that ? The one thing I cannot be sure of is if Keith will be there or not. His flight from SC isnt cheap. He's comming in january. But we have alot of work to get done in the time he's here. But I can see if we can still do something. If nothing else you can still hang with the other members and me. Plus I'll get them to play some stuff for you and I might fill in on vocals or something if Keith cannot attend. Or get him on the phone and mic the phone haha.

Honestly the band has said several times for me to invite you to come to a practice or something along those lines. Nice thing is you will get a taste of what FTA is really going to be. I would recomend sometime after january. So that they can finish working out details and so Keith and help correct things
that he cannot currently do via video. I will say this though you will be truly shocked at how much differnt and better the FTA stuff is than on that old live recording.

Just let me know man and we will work it out.
I'll be sure to make them all sign stuff for you guys too.

Would it be too much to see if my friend Matt comes down and maybe a few other friends and we could hang out one weekend. Get some dinner, drinks. Matt could bring his Eternity X tape. Make it a bit of party or gathering for fans. Just a thought.

The Michael

Well I just talked to Tess, and she actually said she would consider flying up from Texas for that. Matt would definately come down from Wisconsin. I have another friend in the area that would probably be interested.

We could definately wait until January though. I'm in my busy season at work right now so it's tough for me to get some time off until January. Just set up a weekend and I'll ask around if anybody wants to have a party weekend in Peoria :)

I'm sure there's other posters on this forum that would love to come visit Eternity X. It would be like a mini prog power haha! And anybody that wants to fly in could hook up with me in Chicago, and I'll drive them down to Peoria.

In the meantime, could you change Eternity X's myspace page songs to include "Baptized by Fire"? I really want to use that song as my myspace theme... haha! I just can't get enough of that song lately.

The Michael

Hey, sounds like I have a super rare piece of EtX memorabilia. :) It's a VHS dub from a common handheld camera. I would rate the audio and video quality as barely acceptable, but it's still neat as hell to watch.

The footage is from their 1998 European tour (with Edguy). Not sure which stop this is, some club in Germany, I think. It was sent to me by Jimmy Peruta back in 2000 or so. I'll see if I can convert it to AVI/MPG and clear it with Keith for distrobution.

Btw, it's awesome to see this kind of interest in a band that hasn't produced a CD in over 5 years!! They are one of the best.

Oh, and Peoria? Count me in! If Keith's not there, maybe we can each take turns filling in on vox, karaoke style!! That would make for some great bonus material for a future EtX dvd release.... :lol: