Eternity X For Prog Power 8

Do you want Eternity X at the next ProgPower?

• YES!!!!

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • NO!!!

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I Don't Care Ether Way

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Not Sure Don't Know Who They Are.

Votes: 23 25.3%

• Total voters
Yes rare indeed. When we began building the new line-up Keith was looking for his copy of this video and couldn't find it. So it's a rare one.
I seen your post on the ETX sounding board. Sadly until I talk with Keith I cannot say one way or another if it's fine or not. I doubt Keith will have any kind of issue with it. But I want to check with him. One of us will be letting you know for sure. I need to call him shortly anyways. He booked his flight today and I gotta check times and things. He called me for that this morning but I was being lazy and sleepin lol.

Take care

Jeremy

Hey, sounds like I have a super rare piece of EtX memorabilia. :) It's a VHS dub from a common handheld camera. I would rate the audio and video quality as barely acceptable, but it's still neat as hell to watch.

The footage is from their 1998 European tour (with Edguy). Not sure which stop this is, some club in Germany, I think. It was sent to me by Jimmy Peruta back in 2000 or so. I'll see if I can convert it to AVI/MPG and clear it with Keith for distrobution.

Btw, it's awesome to see this kind of interest in a band that hasn't produced a CD in over 5 years!! They are one of the best.

Oh, and Peoria? Count me in! If Keith's not there, maybe we can each take turns filling in on vox, karaoke style!! That would make for some great bonus material for a future EtX dvd release.... :lol:

Hey Michael,
All of that sounds awesome man. Hopefully the band will be all done with FTA by then and they can play the whole thing for you live. You guy's will honestly freak over the new line-up. Working with them I set my friendship aside and look at this like a fan and a critic. Also Keep in mind Iv been a fan since 1999 . So long before I began working for Keith I have loved this band. So what I'm about to say is really alot. I personally feel that this line-up is as good if not better than the one from "The Edge" For sure better than the last line up. I have gotten to watch video's and of course have heard the line recording of FTA. So I know they are far better than those guys. Not saying those guys were bad ether. Because they were very good.
Also I'm sure many of you are thinking " There's no way they could be linke the Edge Line up. Those guys were soo amazing" All I can say to that is you haven't seen nothing yet.. Trust me once you see these guys you will agree.

Also Jerry Prater our guitarist is the best I have ever seen in my life.
This guy gets moving so fast on some stuff I cannot even see what he is doing! Thats why I'm about to take guitar lessons from him. Because he's the master of the guitar. If you guys come remind me to make sure he does some of his crazy guitar stuff that he love's to play around with. Though there's alot of it in the FTA stuff now. :) Heck I may just have to show you a video of him before you come even for the sake of showing what this dude's got lol.

Anyways I'm starting to ramble so I'll stop with that note.
But drop me a pm or an e-mail at Jeremy@eternity-x.com . That way we don't drive people nuts here with our conversations.

Thanks!

Hey,

Sorry to post yet again. But this is quicker than respond to all of those who have wrote me asking if "Baptized by Fire" could be put up on the myspace page. I asked Keith to do this last night and I got an e-mail from him today saying that he cannot get it to work. The file size keep's comming out to large or something. It keeps saying that is has failed. He would like to know if there's any other tracks you would like up?

"Baptized by Fire" is definately my all time favorite song. But I guess I could settle on "Fly Away." I just want to a more uplifting song than "A Day In Verse." I'd also like to see "Sagitarius" on there. That song rules!

I just love heavy metal in major keys.

The Michael

The song I will get replaced on the Myspace is "Cancer"
That was just put up for a girl who contacted me that found the lyrics to it and wanted to hear what it sounded like. "A Day In Verse" Will remain for sure and so will the new tracks even though they are far differnt now than when those were recorded .

So I'll drop Keith a line and ask him to put up Fly away.

Also Matt did you get the message I sent you in regards to the video?

Hey all,

Just got an e-mail from Keith. He was able to get "Baptized by Fire" to work on myspace today. Not sure why it wouldn't before. But you know how myspace can be. So it's up and waiting for you :).

I just spun The Edge for the 8 millionth time today and I have to repeat: It is the greatest prog metal album of all time.

I second that; couldn't agree more. I said it close to ten years ago when I first heard it, and I will continue to say it possibly until From The Ashes is released :Smokin:

The band has asked me to ask those of you who heard the old live recording of "From The Ashes" What you would like to be different in the final recording?

Currently a few of the changes are as fallows , new song, Keyboard parts beeing added, It's a heavier album than before. Many new small leads and sections by the differnt members. Keep in mind there are many more than this and will be more as we continue on. But they want your input so that this will for sure be the best album the band has released.

Thanks!

The band has asked me to ask those of you who heard the old live recording of "From The Ashes" What you would like to be different in the final recording?

No disrespect intended... but here's a suggestion: Why don't they write and record the album themselves, and do what THEY want, and then let us decide if we like it?

Just set up a weekend and I'll ask around if anybody wants to have a party weekend in Peoria :)

I'm sure there's other posters on this forum that would love to come visit Eternity X. It would be like a mini prog power haha! And anybody that wants to fly in could hook up with me in Chicago, and I'll drive them down to Peoria.

Count me in, too. I can take 3 more in my car! Let's goooo....:headbang:

Tess sounds interested in flying up... as does my friend Amanda. I should get free beer for bringing the girls up to Peoria... and single ones up to that haha! I'm sure more will want to come up once we get something official going. If we can get at least 10 fans or so to come for this, it'd be mad fun times. I hope Keith likes to party :)

But question for ya... how does one purchase an Eternity X CD these days? My friend Amanda is in love with the song "Baptized by Fire" and desperately wants a copy of The Edge. I sent her a CD of 15 prog/power bands she hadn't heard yet... and Eternity X's "Baptized by Fire" was far and away her favorite song (and this is a girl that's been to almost every Prog Power and is an avid collector of this music). There are a lot of people out there who would be very interested in hearing Eternity X. Where do we score copies of The Edge these days?

The Michael

Tess sounds interested in flying up... as does my friend Amanda. I should get free beer for bringing the girls up to Peoria... and single ones up to that haha! I'm sure more will want to come up once we get something official going. If we can get at least 10 fans or so to come for this, it'd be mad fun times. I hope Keith likes to party :)

But question for ya... how does one purchase an Eternity X CD these days? My friend Amanda is in love with the song "Baptized by Fire" and desperately wants a copy of The Edge. I sent her a CD of 15 prog/power bands she hadn't heard yet... and Eternity X's "Baptized by Fire" was far and away her favorite song (and this is a girl that's been to almost every Prog Power and is an avid collector of this music). There are a lot of people out there who would be very interested in hearing Eternity X. Where do we score copies of The Edge these days?

The Michael
It wasn't too long ago I know you could buy it directly from Keith .....

No disrespect intended... but here's a suggestion: Why don't they write and record the album themselves, and do what THEY want, and then let us decide if we like it?
I agree completely. Why would a band ask the fans what to write and how to record. Let them make their own decisions and present a cool album.

I have heard the FTA demo. Keith said the band that wrote and recorded it was the best band he'd ever had. He didn't like the idea of using any keys and was fine with two guitar players. Now it seems the keys are coming back. Plus, that "perfect band" is totally gone and replaced by new members. This does seem to contradict the letter he included when he sold the FTA demos a few years ago.

No matter how they choose to re-record the FTA disc, there's no way it can top The Edge. Just my opinion. Still, I'd definitely be interested in hearing it as a full studio effort. But first they need to score a record deal that can provide some solid distro.