Europe playing today

No mate I saw them when they first came out. :lol:

Great musicians some great tunes, but when they opened with "The Final Countdown" and closed with "The Final Countdown" it put me right off them :puke:

i felt like doing a bit of air guitar playing and headbanging. :kickass:
But, as i would have looked a bit of a idiot doing that on my own i decided not to :lol:

Don't let making yourself look an idiot stop you, :lol: anyone at the Meat Market* (Kasbah) Sheffield the other Friday will tell you I made a good job of looking right idiot of myself on their dancefloor :danceboy:

*copyright Sammi

I like the 'Norther' version of 'the final countdown', but then i would, i think i have a thing for cover versions :)

Yep. Norum has been back in for the last 2 albums and its heavier more in your face stuff with a modern sound.

It's no where near as heavy as the stuff on the first 2 albums. Why does everyone think that Europe is just the "Final F**king Countdown?

Because most people who are not Europe fans will only know the final countdown, cos it was there biggest hit single.
I wish there was a bit of keyboard on the new albums, there ok albums but they don't really 'sound' like Europe, if you see what i mean...

Errr. Found this quote while I was looking for album reviews:

"On this album we have a Joey Tempest singing somewhat rawer than on the following records, a singer with an impressing charisma who understood just like fellow vocalist Biff Byford (SAXON) how to make even average tracks sound better"

(Ouch!)

http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=1&id=9998

It sounds like a bit of a compliment really, making average songs sound better... :headbang:

I saw them in Bristol last Tuesday and I must say they were excellent.Lots of songs from the new album 'Secret Society' and plenty of the old stuff with a heavy 'Final Countdown' to finish.Met John Leven after the show,very nice guy.They had a gig the following night at Sheperds Bush but had to be in Abbey Road studios for 9am.