European headline tour 2011

So, the European headline tour starts off Friday this week, I'll be heading for the Stockholm show on Saturday and the Gothenburg show on Sunday.

Will be interesting to see how the setlist is built up on this part of the tour.

Yep will be very intreresting to see. Try to remember and tell us ;)

Yep will be very intreresting to see. Try to remember and tell us ;)

I never do :lol:

I'll go, I'll have a grand ol time, I'll remember if they played 1000 years and/or vict march :p

Before, during and after I'll drink beer, though most likely from a questionable brand.
I'll be more likely to remember the individual beers than songs, since I write down beers, but not songs :)

I can try and remember to write down the songs, but yeah, I'll most likely forget to do it, and come back saying something like: Damn, those were great shows, but I don't remember which songs they played.
:Spin:

I never do :lol:

I'll go, I'll have a grand ol time, I'll remember if they played 1000 years and/or vict march :p

Before, during and after I'll drink beer, though most likely from a questionable brand.
I'll be more likely to remember the individual beers than songs, since I write down beers, but not songs :)

I can try and remember to write down the songs, but yeah, I'll most likely forget to do it, and come back saying something like: Damn, those were great shows, but I don't remember which songs they played.
:Spin:

Hehe ^^
Just have your share of fun and metal :headbang:

Getting closer this one too, will be flying with Norwegian air to Stockholm (Nordic theme here).
Three consecutive weekends with Amon Amarth awaits.

For the Stockholm gig it says on the ticket that doors open at 19.30.
Anybody got a more specific timetable? Amon Amarth won't probably be on stage before 22-23 I hope.

Before the gig I'll be hunting down Närkes Stormaktsporter, I hope to find it at Bishops Arms, Vasagatan. :Spin:

Getting closer this one too, will be flying with Norwegian air to Stockholm (Nordic theme here).
Three consecutive weekends with Amon Amarth awaits.

For the Stockholm gig it says on the ticket that doors open at 19.30.
Anybody got a more specific timetable? Amon Amarth won't probably be on stage before 22-23 I hope.

Before the gig I'll be hunting down Närkes Stormaktsporter, I hope to find it at Bishops Arms, Vasagatan. :Spin:

I read somewhere it ends by 2300.
If that's correct and AA plays say 90 minutes they should start 21.30.

Times in Sweden are always hard, since the time stated on the ticket far from often is correct as to when the doors actually open or when the first band starts to play :(

I don't know how many times I've called venues and asked them when the bands are scheduled to play, but never got an answer other than "I have no idea".

I guess something like:
Evocation 2000-2030
BDM 2045-2115
AA 2130-2300

But that's just a guess.

About the beer, is it
Närkes Stormaktsporter
or
Närkes Kaggen Stormaktsporter
you're looking for?

The former should be able to get for an OK price at Bishops Arms.
The latter tends to be rather expensive, but can be found as well.

Are you going to Gothenburg as well?
I know a place where you're most likely to be able to get KAggen for a decent price, at least if I'm there with you ;)

@ PG and gnoff, and anyone else interested...

Going to the concert tomorrow, and Im also thinking about the schedule... I want to see AA, and not too much of the starters. But gnoff´s times are probably about right I guess.

Would like to sink down a beer or two as well before the show, none of my friends listen to AA, and my highly pregnant woman is not really an option for company, so are any of you two, or anyone else, up for a beer? To find a bar playing AA would be to much to ask I guess...

And gnoff, what are the odds for them playing "Siegreicher..." rather than "Victorious march"? Id like that one in german thats for sure...

And gnoff, what are the odds for them playing "Siegreicher..." rather than "Victorious march"? Id like that one in german thats for sure...

Pretty much zero I think. In Germany he sometimes sings the first line in german but I haven't heard more german yet ;)

^^ I could meet up for a beer at some place. Don't really know the bars in Stockholm, but atleast Pub Anchor (Sveavägen 90), Medusa (Kornhamstorg 61 Gamla Stan) and Kelly's Bar (Folkungagatan 49) seems to be rock/metal bars.

At gnoff, thanks for the offer, not going to Gothenburg this time, but will keep that in mind for some other occasion ;)

Probably going for the regular Stormaktsporter this time, did some research and it might be found at Bishop's Arms (Vasagatan 7), Monks Café & Brewery (Wallingatan 38) or Man in the moon (Tegnérgatan 2C). Perhaps they could be persuated to play AA at these places as well. :D

And yes, it looks like the first band will start already at 19.30, so have to be there in time to see AA.

Hi again, we might just take that beer then, what time would you like to be at Tyrol? Im thinking 20.30 the earliest. Ive got to check a bit with a friend of mine first though, I might be busy right up to the concert.

Damn shame if there´ll be no Siegreicher Marsch...

Stockholm 14.05.2011:

War Of The Gods
With Oden On Our Side
Destroyer Of The Universe
Masters Of War
Live For The Kill
God, His Son And The Holy Whore
Guardians Of The Asgaard
Doom Over Dead Man
Slaves Of Fear
Varyags Of Miklagård
For Victory Or Death
Victorious March / Gods Of War Arise / Death In Fire -medley
--------------
Twilight Of The Thundergod
Runes To My Memory
Pursuit of Vikings

Pursuit, Twiligth, Varyags, Guardians and With Oden On Our Side seemed to get the most response. The older and new songs were great too.

The venue itself was situated in an amusement park, Gröna Lund, you could get there from the city centre with tram in 10 minutes, or by boat. Very nice surroundings with water and nature being near.

Stockholm 14.05.2011:

War Of The Gods
With Oden On Our Side
Masters Of War
Live For The Kill
Guardians Of The Asgaard
Doom Over Dead Man
Slaves Of Fear
Varyags Of Miklagård
For Victory Or Death
--------------
Runes To My Memory
Pursuit of Vikings

Pursuit, Twiligth, Varyags, Guardians and With Oden On Our Side seemed to get the most response. The older and new songs were great too.

The venue itself was situated in an amusement park, Gröna Lund, you could get there from the city centre with tram in 10 minutes, or by boat. Very nice surroundings with water and nature being near.

Nice, any pics of show, venue or surrounding area?

Stockholm 14.05.2011:

War Of The Gods
With Oden On Our Side
Masters Of War
Live For The Kill
Guardians Of The Asgaard
Doom Over Dead Man
Slaves Of Fear
Varyags Of Miklagård
For Victory Or Death
--------------
Runes To My Memory
Pursuit of Vikings

What the hell, medley? I'm looking forward to see that one, even though I'd rather have Victorious March in it's full length, one of the best AA songs written in my opinion. Nice set besides it, however some more older songs could be much appreciated. I hope they don't play the exact same set on Tuesday in Denmark...

Times in Sweden are always hard, since the time stated on the ticket far from often is correct as to when the doors actually open or when the first band starts to play :(

I don't know how many times I've called venues and asked them when the bands are scheduled to play, but never got an answer other than "I have no idea".

Not just in Sweden. :bah: All gigs here are just "doors at 7pm" and sometimes we've had to leave home as soon as 5, other times we make a start at about 7.30.

What time did Amon Amarth go on stage yesterday in Stockholm?

Sucks that they don't play sets like they did in the US. Instead you get 2 support bands, which I not interesting in seeing.

Sorry, didn't get back to the forum until now, would've been good to meet up for beers, maybe next time :)

I liked Tyrol a lot for a venue, very nice.
The Stockholm crowd showed more response than I'm used to, happy about that!