EUROPEAN TOUR - 2006

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
I think it's safe to say that there's going to be a couple of surprises, regarding both new and old material.

Wouldn't mind you guys play "Dark fields of Brilliance" I could join you all and sing the aahhhaaahhaaahh part :lol: jk ;)

Ok,I'm outta here,see ya :p :wave:

No Greece. I know it wasn't easy, but I had a hope.:(

Novembers Doom and Saturnus at the same gig. Oh my God, what I am missing. The bands that have released the best albums of the last two years... :(

affinityband said:
anyone know why Agalloch arent playing the UK dates...

I can't really speak for them, but I do believe that it's just a time restraint for them in terms of being able to get away from responsibilities at home for any longer than that. I think that is the case, and I can certainly understand. It gets harder and harder to just be able to leave your "real life" duties behind to go on tour and stuff like that.

I know it bums people out when bands cant make it to their area or whatever, but for bands like ourselves and Agalloch, we're fortunate to be able to travel at all really. It winds up being more like an event when these shows do actually happen. Hopefully for those who are really interested in seeing these bands and are able, they can make travel plans to one of the gigs. We'll certainly be glad to see you there!

I'd sell cheap my ass for a Novembers Doom+Agalloch+Saturnus show, woooowwwwwww !!!!!

But not Spain in the horizon, damn...

And headlining ??? You are stars or what ??? :p

Hmmm...a quick trip to the Netherlands and Belgium in November is a strong possibility! Time to check flights.

songless said:
I'd sell cheap my ass for a Novembers Doom+Agalloch+Saturnus show, woooowwwwwww !!!!!

But not Spain in the horizon, damn...

And headlining ??? You are stars or what ??? :p

We were actually offered a date in Spain, but had to turn it down due to travel and time frame. It was too far from the tour route, and we'd lose 2 days of shows, so we reluctantly opted to skip Spain this time. If this tour is successful, WE WILL BE BACK, and we'll hit more or Europe, when the new CD is released.

Stars? Hardly. Apparently the sales for Pale Haunt are large enough to warrant it. ANy way you look at it, this is a great bill, and it's a great tour package to check out!

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
We're currently in the process of figuring out what our setlist will be and rehearsing it, etc. Too soon to give much away regarding that. I think it's safe to say that there's going to be a couple of surprises, regarding both new and old material.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm more than happy with that answer - cheers. It's not like I was expecting a full detailed setlist or anything. That would take away too much of the surprise anyway, which is always part of the experience of going to a gig.
No, ND fans don't hold such expectations. Nor regarding samples or artwork for an album that is still very much in the works. ;)

kupshi said:
Hmmm...a quick trip to the Netherlands and Belgium in November is a strong possibility! Time to check flights.
Sounds like "finally time to have a beer together" time, Kupshi. If you do turn up, let me know and I'll wear my Heathen Crusade shirt in your honour!

Novembers Paul said:
It's funny how many people come out of the woodwork to offer services when it comes to Europe. Getting people to come to a local show is like pulling teeth. ;)
Hey! Are you calling us, Europeans, bugs or something?!?

Don't worry man, I'm just joking. I do realise it was a huge compliment to the inhabitants of the Old World. My English ain't *that* shabby, y'hear? :loco:
It's nice to know we might be leaving a positive mark on you guys with all of this. I hope the tour runs as smoothly as possible so afterwards you can turn home with a good feeling that will last at least a good few weeks. That may just be what ND needs at this point...? (Yes, I have read Larry's blogs on the subject. Unfortunately they ring true for many a band, I'm sure. :erk:)

Novembers Paul said:
It's funny how many people come out of the woodwork to offer services when it comes to Europe. Getting people to come to a local show is like pulling teeth. ;)

Paul, I can imagine how frustrating that must be!!!
I remember last summer at JJ Kelleys there were like only 40 of us watching you guys.....

The only thing I can think of is that more and more underground and overseas bands are touring the states these days. Lots more underground metal shows to see than ever before. Maybe this puts local shows down in people's priorities list?