EUROPEAN TOUR - 2006

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
I'm a big fan of that wussy stuff. Actually for whatever reason I seem to really like alot of metal and pop bands that come from Finland.

I was just goofin, I am a huge fan of many Finnish bands, such as Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Machine Men, etc, etc.

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Cool, as long as you pay to get in. HUZZAH!!! lol

Hopefully you'll come see us at one of the other dates AND the Uk, eh? *nudge nudge*

well if the tickets are about £15 for the uk dates sure i will. Lol if i go to another country im gunna have to plan somewhere to sleep and hopefully il be able to afford it. If not il just have to party all night.

If you're going to see them in Belgium, go to the show that also has Saturnus as support! Saturnus is an awesome doom band from Denmark in the vein of My Dying Bride.

I'm still trying to figure out if Saturnus will support on any of the dates in the Netherlands... as the site of Saturnus' recordlabel states they will. :confused:

Here's the deal with Saturnus... They will be joining us on several dates, but the promoters of the Dutch Doom Day V in Rotterdam, The Netherlands in October, are scared that if it's announced that Saturnus is playing with us and Agalloch a few weeks later, people will wait and not attend the fest. I see this from both sides. So the Netherland dates were supposed to be a "surprise" and no one told me this until after I was given the OK to post the dates and bands. So the cat is out of the bag, but pretend you didn't see it. hahaha

I for one, am excited about being able to see Saturnus live, as I've been a fan since Paradise Belongs to You, and in my opinion, Saturnus is the very best doom band on the scene today. Yes folks, I like them THAT much.

Novembers Paul said:
...in my opinion, Saturnus is the very best doom band on the scene today. Yes folks, I like them THAT much.
Then again one might get the impression there aren't a whole lot of doom bands you do like today. :cry:
Seriously though, Saturnus is indeed in a class of its own.

I don't know that it's really accurate to make that assessment, because Paul still likes doom very much. The bands he's always liked, he still does. Same goes for me. But it's more a case of us just getting bit fed up with the self imposed limits of that style and scene. Some bands do what they do well and continue to do so, such as Saturnus, so I like them quite a bit. I'm just not into hearing alot of the same ol' stuff especially when it's too one dimensional, as alot of doom bands tend to be. That being said, it's not like the other metal styles don't get boring and stagnant either, because they all do. I guess in the long run what I'm saying is, regardless of genre, there's always going to be stand-out bands who I think really are a notch or two above the rest. Saturnus is one of those bands in their respective genre.

Anyhow a bit off subject I know, but just wanted to say that ;)

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
...it's not like the other metal styles don't get boring and stagnant either, because they all do.
That's more like my own point of view, not to say it's spot on. I suppose we get to see and read more of Paul's/your comments on doom bands because obviously that's the genre that is raised most often by third parties relating to ND. That's probably why I got the wrong impression.

Being rather schizophrenic in my taste in metal and music in general for that matter, I tend to dwell from one genre to another. That often happens in phases and I happen to be in a doom phase these days. Which doesn't mean I can't tolerate criticism on the genre I might add. It's not like I take that personally.
I remember back in the early '90s when Cathedral were doing what they were doing at the time an article appeared in the main stream press here labeling doom metal as music you fall asleep listening to. That's the kind of nonsense you then had to listen to from young peers at school and all it did to me was make me shrug my shoulders.
Being a good few years down the line, I've come to see people don't change with age in that respect. If my colleagues hear "metal" being mentioned and I'd get a dime for every time their facial expression is mildly related to "disgust" I'd be a rich man by now. I'm sure that's something most of us are familiar with. All it makes me do is... shrug my shoulders. :Smug:

:headbang: I'll be there at the Belgian gig, already have tickets and can't wat till the 18 of novembre:headbang:

UPDATED tour list

NOVEMBERS DOOM, with guests AGALLOCH & THURISAZ (SATURNUS on some dates - Announced soon)

Friday, November 17th : Plato / Helmond / Netherlands
Saturday, November 18th : Biebob / Vosselaar / Belgium
Sunday, November 19th : Metropool / Hengelo / Netherlands
Monday, November 20th : Loppen / Kopenhagen / Denmark
Tuesday, November 21st : K17 / Berlin / Germany
Wednesday, November 22nd : Mega Club / Katowice / Poland
Thursday, November 23rd : Black Pes / Prague / Czech Republic
Friday, November 24th : Backstage / Munich / Germany
Saturday, November 25th : Belgium / TBA