EUROPEAN TOUR - 2006

Novembers Paul said:
We had nothing to do with it. The promoter couldn't find a location to hold the show, and offer up the guarantee he needed to make it happen. It COULD still happen.
Whichever way the wind blows, they'd better not cancel Helmond, Vosselaar or Wervik. Ha!
But if they do, life goes on. (I'd be *very* surprised if anything happened to the Vosselaar date at all, though.)

well, manchester you have this whole 'chav' thing. And baisiclly these are people that are willing tp pick a fight with anyone, wherever and whenever. In London its different because if chavs were to do that in london they may just do it to the wrong person, ie, people that are from underground gangs. So you dont really get it as much to be honest. I feel much safer in london than manchester.

affinityband said:
well, manchester you have this whole 'chav' thing. And baisiclly these are people that are willing tp pick a fight with anyone, wherever and whenever. In London its different because if chavs were to do that in london they may just do it to the wrong person, ie, people that are from underground gangs. So you dont really get it as much to be honest. I feel much safer in london than manchester.

That is complete and utter tosh there are bad parts and people in all citys infact the part near Satans is a good area i have been to loads of gigs and the only time i thought i felt unsafe was at apollo the same couid be said for London it just depends on which area you are in.

BalanceofPower said:
You guys should try walking in downtown Chicago after hours, we've got more serious problems than people trying to pick fights. It's more like picking pockets, then shooting you in the face. :lol:

Yeah, but you hang out in Boy's Town, so I think you better further explain the "shooting you in the face" part.......

BalanceofPower said:
You guys should try walking in downtown Chicago after hours, we've got more serious problems than people trying to pick fights. It's more like picking pockets, then shooting you in the face. :lol:

Yeah i have heard about them brothers of the hood :p

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Yeah it's funny how people automatically tend to presume that the band are the ones who made the decision and cancel shows like this. Usually it's the tour promoter or the promoters of your local venues that wind up causing the problems with cancellations and such. We'd love nothing more than to play London!! But as Paul said, our tour promoter was having no luck getting a London venue to take on the gig and confirm it =\ Still an off chance that we might get that gig if something comes up, we'll let you know....

Trust us, we HATE cancelling shows, it sucks as much for us, if not moreso, than it does for you guys.
Oh yes, I'm aware that it's completely not in the power of the band to cancel shows etc. Otherwise realistically, bands would be touring every city where they could pull in 200+ people I guess. I am aware that it's about finding a good promoter who would pull through and retain promises. Still, it would be nice to see you guys this year but I won't get my hopes up. Good luck for the rest of the tour though; I'm sure those who attend will be happy enough.

Just got back from a holiday in Sri Lanka, pretty cool :) But before I left I mailed the venue in Hengelo (Plato). Both venues in Holland totally suck for me, location-wise, especially since I have no car, I depened on public transport. Last train leaves at 23:26...

Do you guys know the running order or set lenghts yet? I wouldn't want to miss out on Agalloch or Novembers Doom :(

Not entirely sure about all those details yet, but we'll be playing last on the bill I'm pretty sure, with Agalloch right before us. Both bands will be getting pretty lengthy stage times, if possible.

I understand about the transportation problem. That is one thing we are very forunate about over here, the fact that there's always some mode of transportation you can take if you need it, almost 24 hours a day, so late gigs or further distances aren't as much of an issue. All I can say is, just do what you can and try to make it out to see the show, 'cause I don't know if you'll ever get a chance to see these bands perform together on tour in Europe again, you just never know!

damnit... i knew i should have brought one of those tuk tuks with me back home!!! :cry:

i will have to try and get us a car... hope it will work!

Novembers Paul said:
The Poland show has been cancelled. We're looking for a replacement. Anyone knows of someone who can help book a date in Poland, get in touch, FAST.
If this date is still free, we can try to arrange something in Wroclaw, Poland. Please PM me as soon as it's possible.

AnTz0r said:
Both venues in Holland totally suck for me, location-wise, especially since I have no car, I depened on public transport. Last train leaves at 23:26...

It sucks for me too,+ it's November so sleeping at the station is not really something I'm looking forward too this time,however I will be there in Helmond,are you from Amsterdam AnTzOr?

yes sort of :) I study in Delft, but my parents are from Alkmaar. But getting home from Amsterdam is no prob with night train.

You also used to hang around at the Novembre forum right? I remember you went to the gig in Katwijk, another one I didn't make :( Why do all the cool bands play in such crappy places?

edit: btw, this might be a long shot, but did you go to wacken this summer and did you stay at camping A?

The "cool" bands play crappy places so to speak, because gigs are taken basically wherever they can be had. You wouldn't believe how hard it is trying to get gigs and get local club owners and promoters to be interested in booking shows for bands like us. We're lucky to have gotten the gigs that we did, trust me.

AnTz0r said:
yes sort of :) I study in Delft, but my parents are from Alkmaar. But getting home from Amsterdam is no prob with night train.

You also used to hang around at the Novembre forum right? I remember you went to the gig in Katwijk, another one I didn't make :( Why do all the cool bands play in such crappy places?

edit: btw, this might be a long shot, but did you go to wacken this summer and did you stay at camping A?

Huh..ehh.. yeah I think I posted like twice on the Novembre forum,cause of a picture I had with the band,lovely guys and great gig,sorry you couldn't have been there,Katatonia was amazing!

As for Wacken,I was there at camping A,even tho I got lost two nights somewhere in the dark overthere,we're you at wacken? I have no idea who you are..
I'll pm you ok,otherwise we mess up this thread,and the pitbull comes in j/k ;)

@Larry,Plato in Helmond isn't a crappy place ok,you'll see.. :)