Evanescence

Evanescence is Nu-Metal. And one of the worst Nu Metal bands I've heard yet.

And the singer, while sort of cute, has a horrid voice, even though its got about 50 fx loops on it.

Its kinda funny to watch a lead singer for a new metal band try the "goth" look to :p

sixxswine said:
Hasn't the singer already been shot in the grill?
I thought it was a guy with a female's voice?!
Damn. I could careless about them.
They are a Christain band anyway, like
Creed...
Bringing Jesus to the mainstream.
I thought it was great that Howard Stern
did a little bit on his show this week on them...
In the end I guess it's whatever winds your watch...

Neither of the above mentioned bands are "christian bands"

It just goes to show what misconceptions there are about christians.

FluffyDonkey said:
Neither of the above mentioned bands are "christian bands"

It just goes to show what misconceptions there are about christians.
Whatever, you obviously "like" the band. I'm just posting what I heard on the radio. And by the way they actually had some old tape that they ran with the band...
So I guess, it wasa phony tape? I happen to like a couple of Christian Metal bands & it's not about that at all. If the shoe fits, why not just admit it?
Now go listen to your Creed & Evian discs!

I liked it, but they play it like every ten minutes on the radio, and it gets OLD...

I heard that song Tourniquet, and that was really good. They are one of the best mainstream rock bands, but they are still nothing compared to the more underground stuff...

From what I heard from this band, they not only suck, but are horible, if I hear one more riff that goes, da dada da, da dada da da, I will shot them.

My god. I can't believe that some of you guys think the singer is even remotely "decent" looking?! Trust me in one year you will see all their shit in the used bins of you local record shop & they won't be able to give those things away. They are a flash in the pan at best. And why are they even a topic on this forum anyway?! They aren't even Metal. They are not even Hard Rock?!

Should I start a thread on Sammy Hagar on this forum then? At least he's Rock?!

I am not what one would call a "fan" of Evanescence, but their music is decent enough and they are not completely without talent... when I want to hear a good female vocalist i'll give these guys (and girl) a listen, they can be good on one of my softer mood days... amazingly good vocalist though, but I can not see very much of a comparison between them and Lacuna Coil other than the fact that they both are very beautiful and have good voices...

If you want to hear some good female voices, listen to some Jazz or some Classical singers. She is a horrible vocalist. Classical training means nothing if you don't have the "natural" gift.

I personally have yet to hear a good female metal "singer." Arch Enemy is good, but thats about it. But never heard a female non-growling/screaming singer that fit metal at all.

Just mo.

I fully disagree with that... she is quite technically a skilled vocalist... she hits many beautiful notes, she has a very adept ability to draw them out, and not to mention she herself is a very emotional vocalist... I myself have grown up on many styles of music, jazz, classical and opera being amongst them... Of course she is not the best in the world, but to call her "horrible" is quite unfair... she is very good, and there are not many out in mainstream music that can top her in this musical genre... And I agree, there are very few god female growlers, but you should check out the band Astarte, an all female black metal band much in the vein of a symphonic Immortal... you CAN NOT tell it is a woman... it is that crazy

Yah I've heard them. I know there are a few good growlers/screamers that are women (just like the band Mythic of old), but I meant there aren't any SINGERS that are women in metal that fit the part.

IMO :)