Evanescence

No. For me personally, I have "yet" to hear a female voice that is good for metal (that isn't screamed or growled). Its sort of a clash of opposites to the aggressive sound of Metal. It just doesn't have the same effect.

I like some of the "breaks" in songs with female sung voices (see: cradle of filths first 2 albums), but not as the predominant singer. I need a (how to say without sounding gay :p ) more masculine voice I guess.

This is just me. Opinions may vary :)

You guys are over looking the fact that they play guitar solos. In the mainstream where there isn't really great musicianship, they play solos. Comon, they are notch above most of the shit out there.

One notch above the crap on the radio? wow. Well I'm gonna go to the record store and buy all their shit now. Thanks dude!! :Smug:

evanescence arent a notch over anyone, they're possibly one of the most appauling bands ive ever heard in my life, and the fact that they use their "gothic" image and the singer's face to sell their records just says it all. wow they can play guitar solos, pretty basic ones if you ask me....bah my ranting will stop there