Ever chilled with Opeth and Radiohead?

opeth and radiohead is the absolute best possible combination of music.

aside from backdrifts and the gloaming, hail to the thief is absolutely brilliant with wolf at the door leading the way.

Yeah, Hail To The Thief is excellent...I didn't think it'd be that good after hearing/seeing the video to There There, but the song actually fits really well into the context of the albm and has grown on me...I can't stop listening to Sail To The Moon and Where I End And You Begin...

Try listening to some Portishead too...beautiful stuff...

Needled24Seven said:
its easy to see that its pretty damn close, and as for the glaoming thats quite possibly the worst radiohead song ive hear. i even had to skip it on my first listen. one more thing i dont talk about thematically its all about the music!

The music is more rewarding if you know the theme and message behind the album. Ok. Here's an example which I don't know if everyone picked up: All the words on the front cover... They're all American words.

Listen to the music, read the lyrics, and understand the song. I find it more rewarding than essentially going "Oh this song sounds pretty!"

Why do you not like the Gloaming?

Seriously?! Listen to My Arms Your Hearse from beginning to end. It's a concept album. Opeth intend for you to know the story, and how it fits the music. Go and do it now, I promise you, it's fantastic.

I agree that when you first buy an album, you listen to the music. But after you've become familiar with the music then it's good to extend yourself, and work out the point behind the music. That makes it even more rewarding.

Two best shows I've seen this year:

Radiohead (9/28 San Diego)
Opeth & Porcupine Tree (7/31 Hollywood)

Two best albums I've bought this year:
Hail to the Thief
Damnation

Honorable mentions to:
Lucinda Williams World Without Tears
The Mars Volta Deloused in the Comatorium

thebigfish said:
i'm really glad there are more people that actually like both opeth and radiohead, i thought i was the only one who liked metal together with other styles of music.
I like lots of different styles, but i know there are many others like us.

i like everything pre-pablo honey and post-hail to the thief

LOL IM JUST JOKING LOL LOL :Spin:
you were probably like "what????" :tickled:
lol lol you were probably all like "what??" :p
hehehe :) you were probably all like "what the hell????" LOL LOL :) :cool:

you were probably like "whaaaat? that doesnt make sense"
do you get the joke guys? pre-pablo honey would be demos and there is no post hail to the thief!!!! :Spin: LOL LOL :tickled: get the joke guys?
you guys were probably all like "whaaat??" when you first read it. you were probably like "what the hell??"

im living in cloud cuckoo laaaaaaaand

you guys hear about the kid A? LOL im just jokin lol :)
did you hear about the humanoid that tried lsd for the first time? he was a PARANOID ANDROID LOL :)

im a reasonable man get off get off get off my case