Ever chilled with Opeth and Radiohead?

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
Just relaxed last Saturday reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman and listening to the following cds:

Opeth: Morningrise
Radiohead: Hail to the Chief
Katatonia: Viva Emptiness
Radiohead: Kid A
Omnium Gatherum - Spirits And August Light
Opeth: Damnation

I liked how the music flowed from one cd to the next while Shadow (protagonist in AG) went from one misadventure to another.

Anyone else ever relaxed with Opeth and Radiohead?

Opeth and Radiohead get constant play in my cd players, both bands are brilliant. Hail to the Thief is great, I only dislike 1 track.

I'm sorry, but I just had to register and give my $0.02 on this topic.

Radiohead and Opeth are my two favourite bands.

God dammit just thinking about it right now I can't get over the goodness that is Radiohead and Opeth. I've spent quite a few math classes/etc... listening to their albums.

The first time you put on Kid A and listen to the rolling rhodes piano from "Everything In Its Right Place" after listening to OK Computer and The Bends..... that unexpected impression was forever burned in my head. Kid A just blew my mind (in the best way possible - I love that album)

It was on a friend's online radio broadcast that I first heard Opeth. The song was Deliverance, and I just found myself completely involved with it. A few days later my friend was working at HMV and was able to give me a discount, so I decided to buy Deliverance (only Opeth album in at the time) Then I progressed backwards, picking up BWP and so on, at each album never being felt let down.

This summer both Opeth and Radiohead just happen to be stopping by on tour, and I can hardly contain my excitement.

(imo... Hail To The Thief is yet another awesome release by Radiohead)

But the other bands mentioned, mind filling me in? It's not every day that you find people with such a similar compassion for seemingly "opposite" bands/genres...

what track don't you like from hail to the thief Morfiend?
i love opeth, katatonia and radiohead, i just need more katatonia albums off GuardianOfDarkness :D

TreeFingers said:
i love opeth, katatonia and radiohead, i just need more katatonia albums off GuardianOfDarkness :D

You're lucky I don't make you pay, you dirty slut. You always make me pay. Fuck you. Fuck you I say.

FlatteningOfEmotions said:
I don't know how people read and listen to music at the same time. I focus too much on music to read while it's playing. You people are talented.

Yeah. I find it pointless. Chilling out is one thing. But I can't truly get involved in a book if I'm listening to music, and I can't truly get involved in the music if I'm reading a book.

i'm really glad there are more people that actually like both opeth and radiohead, i thought i was the only one who liked metal together with other styles of music.

TreeFingers said:
We suck young blood, that track just does nothing for me at all. My favorites however are Backdrifts, Go To Sleep, The Gloaming and A Wolf At The Door.

The big fish -

Yeah, a lot of metalheads are very close minded but I've found Opeth fans to be much different from your average metalhead. Also, I have a friend who called me a metal elitist the other day because I said I can't stand Powerman 5000 and a few other nu-metal bands he mentioned. The accusation totally blew my mind considering I only listen to about 50-60% metal and the rest is bands like Radiohead, Skinny Puppy, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, TOOL, NIN, Porcupine Tree etc. I even like a few nu-metal bands.

backdrifts is a trip in itself.

go to sleep reminds me of optimistic - but I don't neccessairly find that a bad thing hehe.