Ever wanted parts of Opeth songs to be longer?

A Reason To Sing

The tomato is a fruit
Nov 28, 2005
Bay Area, California U.S.
I was listening to Morningrise earlier today. Neat album, mind you. Very well versed. Sort of has that whole Damnation vibe going for it.

I get into Advent, and you know when the opening electric guitars come in with the bass and drums in the back? Well, that's a kickass piece right there. It starts from 0:17 and ends around 0:55. I wouldn't have minded if that part was at least a solid minute longer.

Don't you guys come across these wicked beats/ guitar implementations that Opeth uses, but end up wanting more of it after something else mixes up the progression?

Just a thought.

The atmospheric part of Under The Weeping Moon. I could listen to that for hours when stoned o_O .

Moonlapse said:
Yeah the end of Ghost of Perdition.. goddamn what a good chord progression I thought, but then the song just ended :lol:

My thoughts exactly! Also the part in Black Rose Immortal at about 13:45-14:45 or thereabouts could go on for a while. The verses of To Bid You Farewell. So much more...

u know teh acosutic break in Leper Affinity....i only wish that was longer......its prolly one of their finest Acoustic interludes......when I heard it the first time....i jsut jumped out of my chair....!!!!....its jsut SO FEKCIN BEAUTIFUll....!!!!!.....KEEP FECKIN ROCKIN MIGHTY FECKIN OPETH....!!!.......PEAC EOUT

The first time I heard the ending to 'deliverance' I creamed in my boxers.

Just off the top of my head, the part in Beneath the Mire "wept for solace.." That part is just flat out metal, pure headbanging fun. Then quickly goes into the next part (even though the next part is a badass riff). And i agree that the end of deliverence is hypnotic! I remember driving with my friend to another friend's place, and when we got there that part of the song came on, and we just couldnt get out of the car. It was blasting our faces off, we were powerless to move.