Evergrey 9/26 @ Reggies w/ Sabaton

Have fun. Are you still going to be in Chicago then?
I have tried to get into Evergrey on a couple occasions, both on disc and live, and just can't do it. They were pretty good opening for Iced Earth that one time. Inner Circle was my fav of the discs of theirs I have had over the years.

Ha! I actually had that in my hand once at Best Buy when it came out (The double cd, not the DVD) because it was recorded during the Inner Circle era. I will keep my eye out for it if I ever see it on a trade board or used. I can appreciate them and all, just not a band I am interested in actively exploring, given all the bands old and new still to be discovered.

Not sure if you saw, but CIIC are coming back to the Midwest in August.

Ha! I actually had that in my hand once at Best Buy when it came out (The double cd, not the DVD) because it was recorded during the Inner Circle era. I will keep my eye out for it if I ever see it on a trade board or used. I can appreciate them and all, just not a band I am interested in actively exploring, given all the bands old and new still to be discovered.

Not sure if you saw, but CIIC are coming back to the Midwest in August.

Def check out the DVD if you can. If anything YouTube a few clips or see if Netflix has it.
Like you, I was just a casual EG fan, but this DVD is just so amazingly visually stimulating and the music is so full, it's just a great DVD.

I missed Sabaton the last time they were in the area, so definitely looking forward to them, despite their war themes being a little over the top. Lol.
Fun band!

Yeah, I saw CIIC will be back. It's like every 6 months or so for them to make a return to the Midwest. Not that I'm complaining. They really need to pick better Savatage tunes to play though IMO.

I bought tickets for this one right away. Looking very forward, despite it only being a week or two after I see them in Atlanta.

Bob - I've said this before, but I think seeing them live, may help appreciate them again. They're phenomenal live.