EVERGREY / SABATON N.A. tour.

WTF? Powerglove again?? They're on every tour or what? Seen them twice last year, and maybe again this year with Evergrey? Way too much as I think they suck...

Ugh...

I guess I'll be skipping it, as it'll fall right after ProgPower (catch-up time at work) and on a weekday.

No biggie... it can't possibly top ISoT in its entirety. :)

Wow. Are there NO other underbill bands touring this year?

This.

Are there no other power/prog bands from North America that can be support for these tours? I understand having too many bands from overseas is not cost effective but geez. Maybe one of the Intromental guys can explain the lack of say a Seven Kingdoms, or a Borealis, or others bands on their roster. Not saying it's their (Intromental) fault, just curious as to why the same bands keep getting these gigs.

This.

Are there no other power/prog bands from North America that can be support for these tours? I understand having too many bands from overseas is not cost effective but geez. Maybe one of the Intromental guys can explain the lack of say a Seven Kingdoms, or a Borealis, or others bands on their roster. Not saying it's their (Intromental) fault, just curious as to why the same bands keep getting these gigs.

I am not going to give a lot of details about the situation, but think of it this way: If you're a booking agent who represents *a lot* of metal bands, wouldn't it make sense for you to book as many of your bands as you can, so essentially you're making more money per show, than if you booked say, one band?

We have been working our asses off at Intromental when it comes to booking our bands for North America. Hang tight for now, as there might be good news soon. :)

I am not going to give a lot of details about the situation, but think of it this way: If you're a booking agent who represents *a lot* of metal bands, wouldn't it make sense for you to book as many of your bands as you can, so essentially you're making more money per show, than if you booked say, one band?

We have been working our asses off at Intromental when it comes to booking our bands for North America. Hang tight for now, as there might be good news soon. :)

You're signing Blackguard, aren't you?:D

There are some power metal bands around here (Mass) who I'd love to see with more frequency. Armory comes to mind. They do play local shows a few times a year but I've never seen them open for a major tour (after typing this I checked their website and saw that they are opening for Joe Stump next month, their first show in more than a year). Steel Assassin also still pops up from time to time, but not often enough.

This.

Most power/prog bands from North America are not career bands that are willing to invest tens of thousands of dollars (since alot of them don't have labels willing to do it) for a few hundred bucks a night and maybe an extra 50 a night on merch just for the hope that one day they'll be able to make 5 grand a night.

Also it's not an issue of overseas =/= cost effective because the booking agent doesn't actually pay for visas unless in rare cases (however even in these rare cases, it's the promoter that is asked to pay for visas and not the agent). It's more or less an issue of availability, the fact that the agent is only going to put openers who are on his roster so that he can take a bigger % of the booking fee, and sometimes it's in his best interest as some booking clients are also management clients (like Blackguard).