EVERGREY / SABATON N.A. tour.

On another note, does anyone else think it's odd that they're announcing this before the Accept tour even kicks off? Or is it that since they're openers, it doesn't even matter?

When it's the headliner doing multiple tours, generally the venues, promoters, band, label, etc are contractually obliged by the booking agent to not make any official announcement until a certain amount of time has passed (usually either until the first date of the first tour is over, or until the entire first tour is over) so that as many people go to both tours as possible. With the support or opener, not always so much, but sometimes. As Glenn said, in this case BWBK leaked the news.

Seeing Sabaton twice or more in one year... That would be beyond amazing!

And I know that I am in the very small minority here, but I actually like Blackguard, so if somehow they get added to the bill, I would be happy. I saw them twice last year and will be seeing them open for SymX in April.

Seeing Sabaton twice or more in one year... That would be beyond amazing!

And I know that I am in the very small minority here, but I actually like Blackguard, so if somehow they get added to the bill, I would be happy. I saw them twice last year and will be seeing them open for SymX in April.

I'm already planning a trip to Orlando to see Sabaton, if this goes like any other shows I have traveled for in the past, they will be sure to hit Atlanta now.

+1 on the Blackguard, I have enjoyed them both times I've seen them.

I'm already planning a trip to Orlando to see Sabaton, if this goes like any other shows I have traveled for in the past, they will be sure to hit Atlanta now.

+1 on the Blackguard, I have enjoyed them both times I've seen them.

Major dittos on all sides of this post.

I don't know that I would make special plans to see Blackguard... but I would enjoy them as an opener more than most other acts... they are nothing short of ... enthusiastic. And their musicianship does not suck in any way.

And, c'mon - Mlle Ethier is fun to flirt with - not many French speaking demoiselles on the metal circuit.

Somewhere...a member of Blackguard just threw up in their own mouth...

:lol: :lol: :heh:

I don't know that I would make special plans to see Blackguard... but I would enjoy them as an opener more than most other acts... they are nothing short of ... enthusiastic. And their musicianship does not suck in any way.

And they're pretty cool guys, AND they name-checked ProgPower when they played at the Masquerade. I'm not a huge fan, but I'm further from being a hater.

Where is that thread where you would recommend stuff for them to play? I'd really appreciate all of In Search of Truth. Fav.

Blackguard has gotten a lot better lately... the new songs are actually quite decent and they do put on a good performance live. I don't mind seeing them a few times a year. They're also crazy Quebeckers so they're fun to hang out with.

The Palladium just announced a date for September 17th, but the lineup is Evergrey/The Absence/Powerglove, with no mention of Sabaton.

Email from Enter the Vault.
Sept
16 Springfield, Va Jaxx
17 Worcester, MA Palladium
18 Philadelphia, Pa Troc
20 NYC, NY Grammercy Theater
21 Montreal ,QUE Fou Founes
22 Toronto ,ONT Opera House
23 Cleveland, OH Peabodys
24 Detroit ,MI Blondies
26 Chicago,IL Reggies
27 St Paul , MN Station 4