Evergrey-A Night to Remember/pentagram

TychoCelchu said:
Are we talking "Do what thou willst shalt be the whole of the law" satanism here? Then Tom's essay in the Inner Circle's booklet does have consistency with this. Evergrey are people who prefer to be in full control of their own lives, their own behavior, and their own thinking, which matches LaVey's line. In regards to the second and third questions, then yes they do appear "satanic" (although I would say their lyrics are not satanic, not in the devil-worshipping sense and not explicitly in the LaVey sense either).

Exactly what I was thinking as well, actually. A recent Evergrey t-shirt I saw quoted Tom's line, "I am my own god, god walking the earth." That's pretty much satanism (as well as many occult philosophies) boiled down to its essentials.

I am a Christian, and as such have a philosophical disagreement with satanists. But that doesn't mean that I think they automatically suck as people. I've met satanists over the years, with both good and bad personalities.

Greykiller said:
Pagans used it first, christians hijacked it.

I like the symbol because dumb people think it represents evil, not because I think it is evil.

No, you like the symbol because you think it makes you look "metal" or you think you're suppose to like it. Metal is a style or genre of music, nothing more, nothing less. Metal isn't a lifestyle......if you're past the age of 14 that is.

METAL is a lifestyle and Evergrey is a great band that for one reason or another continues to use and upside down star which to me is a pentagram .They used in in the new e-card on the official site and on the new cd they used 6'66 instead of 6'6 on the back of (Heights listed)the new cd cover .Whether some people think it is evil or not they continue to use this imagery. Are their lyrics of a satanic nature for the most part no from what i have read about but you dont continue to use these symbols if it does not mean something to the someone in the band!!!!But at the same time they are not pushing anything on anybody and the new cd is amazing!!!!!!!