Are Evergrey Satanists??????

GISJeremy said:
As an atheist, I had interpreted "I am my own God" and "God Waking Earth" to be something to the effect of I don't need a god and I make my own destiny, satanism never came to mind.

Same. Personal beliefs are not polarized between Christianity and Satanism; to not be one doesn't automatically make you the other. Tom's discussed some of his beliefs in past articles, but I'm not confident enough in my memory of them to paraphrase anything.

i don't see how you can be atheist to something you can't prove isn't real, anyway thats your belief im a nontheist, im not saying he is real just like im not saying he isnt, you can't prove it and ima let whatever be the judge of me :Smug:

I never really thought it was the case but I wanted to get some opinions of people that have listened for a long time!!!! As I have read some of the lyrics they seem to be very moving and emotional which means alot to me and many other!!!!

Young Unknown said:
i don't see how you can be atheist to something you can't prove isn't real, anyway thats your belief im a nontheist, im not saying he is real just like im not saying he isnt, you can't prove it and ima let whatever be the judge of me :Smug:
this is known as agnostic.

Young Unknown said:
i don't see how you can be atheist to something you can't prove isn't real,

That's just it; atheists/nontheists/agnostics don't HAVE to prove anything at all. It's theists who claim that something exists, and therefore have the burden of proof.

Young Unknown said:

child, the burden of proof is on the ones trying to convince other that something DID happen, or DOES exist. Y`know...

actually the burden of proof is only on people trying to prove something. one does not necessarily feel compelled to "prove" their belief or disbelief to others. if you do, then you have to deal with that hurdle when it comes.

Wow, I certainly didn't mean to open up this can of worms.

At any rate, I only mentioned that I am an atheist to show that a phrase such as "God Walking Earth" or "I am My Own God" may not be satanic sayings.

Back to religion, let me say this. I don't have to prove anything. If I am supposed to believe in something I need to have evidence (and don't respond with the miracle of life, etc, etc, etc). I am more concerned with making where we are right now a better place for everyone of any belief to live.

Acceptance needs to be a word in everyone's vocabulary. For example, my family is christian (mostly catholic) and my girlfriend is very religious herself. As long as we respect and accept one another, which we do, everything works out fine.

Jeremy

NP: Van Halen-Live, Right Here Right Now

ke2 said:
child, the burden of proof is on the ones trying to convince other that something DID happen, or DOES exist. Y`know...

did you just call me child?

anyway im not into any of this typ stuff including anti-religion so i don't know alot about it.

im just another person living :heh:

GISJeremy said:
Wow, I certainly didn't mean to open up this can of worms.

At any rate, I only mentioned that I am an atheist to show that a phrase such as "God Walking Earth" or "I am My Own God" may not be satanic sayings.

Back to religion, let me say this. I don't have to prove anything. If I am supposed to believe in something I need to have evidence (and don't respond with the miracle of life, etc, etc, etc). I am more concerned with making where we are right now a better place for everyone of any belief to live.

Acceptance needs to be a word in everyone's vocabulary. For example, my family is christian (mostly catholic) and my girlfriend is very religious herself. As long as we respect and accept one another, which we do, everything works out fine.

Jeremy

NP: Van Halen-Live, Right Here Right Now

Well put!

Kenneth R. said:
actually the burden of proof is only on people trying to prove something. one does not necessarily feel compelled to "prove" their belief or disbelief to others. if you do, then you have to deal with that hurdle when it comes.

True to the second part.

My feeling is that trying to disprove a god is like trying to disprove the Invisible Pink Unicorn. If it's completely irrelevant to you and your life, why waste the time? I'm fine with people who do believe (my best friend for many years is a born-again), as long as they don't use their beliefs as a springboard for abuse - which is a frequent EQ theme.

well honestly people who use belief for abuse (see Evergrey - Inner Circle, they did a great job painting this picture) are not being true to their beliefs at all, or never did in the first place and only wanted to use it as a tool. it's kind of sad that those things exist...

It is sad. Organized religion seems more and more like a combination of government and business with great tax breaks. Don't blame God, Allah, Buddha or whoever you (or don't) pray to for the stupidity of man!!!! :saint:

Kenneth R. said:
by the way, the "pentagram" is not automatically significant of satanism. it is also used extensively in geometry to illustrate the greek discovery of the golden ratio, religious contexts (including the 6 sided version known more commonly as the star of david), and in pagan myths. note again that pagan does not imply satanism.

if anything, i would say the use of it on the ANTR is because they had 5 albums then, 5 sides on a star. makes sense to me. Dream Theater did the exact same thing with their 5 live albums and 8 studio albums on a recent album cover as well. it's a shape, not a disease

Could not have said it better myself!!! :headbang:

Evergrey are not Satanists, plain and simple!!