Evergrey and the Tour

I want them to come to Russia too!!!! Except, it would be very hard to actually get to them in Moscow, since there would be SO many people wanting to talk to them and to get autographs. I saw EVERGREY in St. Louis a couple of days ago! It was a great concert :headbang:
Alexi invited us (me and 2 other girls that that i went with.... aka Sporty and BettyTenderAss) to go on their tourbus and I just sorta hung out with Henrik the whole night. =)
TenderAss was with Alexi..... Sporty was with Evergrey's tech guy.... yeah... it was great... although cant quite remember it all...

Yep... I'm a new fan too and have been listening to them pretty much nonstop since I saw them in Cleveland.... I am now FULLY into the Recreation Day album which I now think is friggen brilliant... as is The Inner Circle.

I've already turned one of my buddies onto them who has never seen them before... I just gushed over The Inner Circle disc so much that he went out and bought it yesterday. He likes it a lot.

I know here in Pittsburgh the only way you're ever going to hear about a band like Evergrey is on Headbanger's Ball (now that it's back) or on the internet so it's up to us to let our metal head friends in on the secret. I wish someone would have done that to me a few years ago instead of me stumbling onto them by seeing them open for Iced Earth.

In fact, that's how I came to love Iced Earth... I saw them open for Megadeth... and was amazed.

So now my seeing Megadeth live has resulted in me finding two bands that I absolutely love.... amazing.

I'm assuming you saw Iced Earth open for Megadeth at the now-defunct Metropol. I was there too.

It's weird that you'd never hear of Evergrey in Pittsburgh considering their North American label, Inside Out America, is based in Pittsburgh.

ProgMetalFan said:
I'm assuming you saw Iced Earth open for Megadeth at the now-defunct Metropol. I was there too.

It's weird that you'd never hear of Evergrey in Pittsburgh considering their North American label, Inside Out America, is based in Pittsburgh.

Yep, I was there at Metropol in the front row for that show.

I didn't know about Inside Out America being based in Pittsburgh but it doesn't really surprise me. Pittsburgh's music scene these days isn't good and the metal scene around here is completely non-existant and pretty much always has been.

Cleveland has a great metal scene and that's why I usually end up seeing shows there.

I was down at Eides today. I'm sure you're probably familier with it... the record/comic shop down in the strip that specializes in metal music. Anyhow, the only Evergrey CD they had was the brand new one. Absolutely ridiculous that they don't have any other of their CDs. Great job Inside Out.

Eides has a huge selection of metal... most 99 percent of it seems to be death and black metal. The best selection of metal I've ever seen in Pittsburgh is at Brave New World in Oakland.

I'm not sure if it's Inside Out's fault... maybe it's the record stores' apathy towards this type of music. I've actually metal several of the guys from Inside Out at many shows and they're all great guys who are passionate about what they're doing.

Well, if you've ever listened to Jax ranting down at the Symphony X forum, the label and management apparently doesn't have a whole lot to do with what locations bands play in, but rather the locations making themselves available. Her suggestion has always been to go pester the *clubs* about getting the bands you want to see.

At BWBK, Jim Pitulski was asking me where in Baltimore Evergrey should play, and unfortunately we don't have any really good metal clubs since the old Hammerjacks closed down.

jaimek said:
Well, if you've ever listened to Jax ranting down at the Symphony X forum, the label and management apparently doesn't have a whole lot to do with what locations bands play in, but rather the locations making themselves available. Her suggestion has always been to go pester the *clubs* about getting the bands you want to see.

At BWBK, Jim Pitulski was asking me where in Baltimore Evergrey should play, and unfortunately we don't have any really good metal clubs since the old Hammerjacks closed down.
Good points, jaimek.

The same thing has happened in Pittsburgh just this month. The club that got most the metal shows in Pittsburgh (Club Laga) just closed because the building it's in got bought by the University of Pittsburgh who's converting it into apartments! :(

Now all the metal tours are skipping Pittsburgh, because that was THE place for metal shows.

Hopefully a new venue steps up.

I'm psyched for the show tomorrow. Iced Earth's setlist looks awesome. I saw COB last year twice, and the setlist is basically the same, so that will be cool. Really looking forward to Evergrey though. \m/

I just got the new album and was immediately blown away. Wow these guys are amazing. I also got my tickets for the Iced Earth (love them!), Children of Bodom (love them!), and of course Evergrey (love them duh!) concert in Arizona! I am so freakin excited cuz this is the first time i'll be getting to see Evergrey in concert and 3 awesome bands in one night totally rules.

I saw for the first time Evergrey last night in Montreal (canada) and I feel so sorry for those guys! The first 2 songs without any guitars! Please kick the soundcheck man out ASAP man! We were not able to get all the potential of Evergrey and I think that's pretty sad! The guitarist was soo pissed off!

Childen of Bodom and Iced Earth were excellent! Great show!

Vicks said:
I saw for the first time Evergrey last night in Montreal (canada) and I feel so sorry for those guys! The first 2 songs without any guitars! Please kick the soundcheck man out ASAP man! We were not able to get all the potential of Evergrey and I think that's pretty sad! The guitarist was soo pissed off!

Childen of Bodom and Iced Earth were excellent! Great show!

Sorry to hear that. Someone needs a definite shot to the junk b/c that is not the first time it has happened to them on the tour. Tom's guitars were out on the first song or two for the Cleveland show as well. I don't understand how they sound check all the guitars beforehand but still screw them up. I really feel sorry for the guys.

Demonspell said:
I went to two different record stores today and they both had three copies of the limited edition, and one had all the others as well...don't be so quick to blame Inside Out.
The store I got mine from here in State College, PA had 4 of the limited edition, 4 regular... and multiple copies of every other Evergrey. Needless to say, this store (Mike's Movies & Music) has an excellent selection of metal.