Evergrey and the Tour

EternalMetal

Mar 31, 2004
It seems like Evergrey is making many new fans while touring with more popular bands like Iced Earth and CoB. I see a lot of posts on this forum about people just hearing Evergrey and saying that they are amazing. I myself have only heard about them for a short while and am i new fan.

seems like this tour is creating a lot of positive publicity for Evergrey. :headbang:

Psychonaut said:
They deserve it. Hopefully the next step is a headlining gig.

I agree. They seem to be catching on well here in the States. I'm really interested to see how the Inner Circle does. I hope it leads them to a headlining tour someday.

i just saw these guys at Toronto with bodom n iced earth... they are AMAZING!i didnt know what to expect cus i had never heard of them before but it was sweet. i even met the guys and got autographs it was a wicked show!

Yes, with Evergrey quickly gaining popularity in the USA (as well as Metal in general) I sure hope to see a headlining tour with a full set ... then just maybe I'd go to Harpos! ;)

i saw them in toronto as well, talked to the guys, got a few autographs. theyre all really nice and fun to talk with. while i had heard them before the concert and really liked them, seeing them live was 10 times better than any album and meeting the guys, seeing how cool they were made me that much more impressed. great job guys

My fear is that they will get SO big that they won't be accessible to the fans anymore. I think that is a major part of their popularity~ they talk with the fans and they never say no to autographs OR shots!
Don't get my wrong, I would love them to be huge, but I like them small too (don't read anything perverted into that!).

am_ash2 said:
I would love them to be huge, but I like them small too (don't read anything perverted into that!).
:Spin:

well, that is a good point, am_ash... personally... I'd prefer them to be "medium". I don't really want them to do shows as huge arenas, because I find those shows to have poor sound and impersonal atmosphere.

However, I would definately love for them to do, say... 3,000 seat theaters here the U.S. (yes, I love metal shows at theaters).. . like Dream Theater does.

am_ash2 said:
My fear is that they will get SO big that they won't be accessible to the fans anymore. I think that is a major part of their popularity~ they talk with the fans and they never say no to autographs OR shots!
Don't get my wrong, I would love them to be huge, but I like them small too (don't read anything perverted into that!).

LOL! I like the disclaimer at the end! I would really like to see the guys hit it big but agree that the fan aspect of the band would probably be sacrificed. They would probably get mobbed if they hung out at the bar after the show. But the guys really deserve the spotlight (and the money that goes with it) after cranking out good CD after good CD. It'll be an interesting few months to see how far this album and tours elevates them. I'm glad I got to meet them this go around b/c I'm not too sure the chance will be there on the next tour.

ProgMetalFan said:
:Spin:

well, that is a good point, am_ash... personally... I'd prefer them to be "medium". I don't really want them to do shows as huge arenas, because I find those shows to have poor sound and impersonal atmosphere.

However, I would definately love for them to do, say... 3,000 seat theaters here the U.S. (yes, I love metal shows at theaters).. . like Dream Theater does.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last Dream Theater concert I went to. It was the show in Chicago and they pointed all the speakers towards the upper level (I think where they had the VIP seats which were more expensive). I thought they sounded like crap from where I was standing and just felt screwed. Probably just an isolated incident but the concert definitely sucked.

Aw come on - Evergrey could never forget all of us little people that knew them back in the day!

You wouldn't do that to us, would you guys?????

BABS said:
Aw come on - Evergrey could never forget all of us little people that knew them back in the day!

You wouldn't do that to us, would you guys?????
No- they look forward to my gifts too much! Even though Henrik loses them.....right Evergrey?

am_ash2 said:
No- they look forward to my gifts too much! Even though Henrik loses them.....right Evergrey?

LOL. He felt so bad when he told me he lost it (especially b/c you got it for Jonas). At least J has two now!

Evergrey said:
I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last Dream Theater concert I went to. It was the show in Chicago and they pointed all the speakers towards the upper level (I think where they had the VIP seats which were more expensive). I thought they sounded like crap from where I was standing and just felt screwed. Probably just an isolated incident but the concert definitely sucked.
well... I was just using Dream Theater as an example as a prog/metal band that has attained a moderate level of popularity in North America. Theater shows usually have the best sound, in my opinion. Although perhaps the best sound I've ever experienced was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Pittsburgh when Symphony X performed there last December.

I hear what you are saying though. I've been to 4 Dream Theater Concerts on 4 different tours. 2 were amazing with unbelievable sound quality and two were just awful. I think it was solely the fault of the venues for the two bad ones. I agree though, nothing beats a concert in one of the smaller clubs (3000 people halls). However if you go too small, sometimes the venues do not have the top notch equipment and the sound sucks. If you go too big (outdoor concerts or arena's) you are better off listening to the CD at home.