Evergrey US Tour?

First of all, I'm new here, and Evergrey has recently broke into my top three favorite artists list... Right now it's Opeth, Evergrey, and a tie between Symphony X and Dream Theater. Hi everyone!

Whatever happened to Evergrey doing a US tour? First I thought they were going on the road with Kamelot, then that fell through and I thought they would hit the States with Hammerfall...

Evergrey is in my Top 3 favorite artists list as well... along with Pain of Salvation and Symphony X.

I'm kinda glad the opening for Hammerfall thing didn't work out... since I dislike Hammerfall very strongly.

I do wish to see an Evergrey tour very much... at the least opening for another quality act (not Hammerfall)

I will be seeing them at the Brave Words Fest in the Land of the Cleves in a few weeks, and I can't wait for that.

Would be nice to catch a full Evergrey show though. That would be a dream for me.

I'm not sure about their tour plans in the USA, but they are appearing during the progpower festival in Georgia, Atlanta.

Chief B

Quote: Would be nice to catch a full Evergrey show though. That would be a dream for me

In the most recent issue of BW&BK, Tom stated that the most the band had ever played prior to this European tour was 75 minutes (PP II). They are now playing 1hr 40 mins on their mini headline jaunt.

At PP IV, you get a 1 hr 30 min set.
shocked.gif
That's more than anywhere in the U.S. Even if the band tours here, it will be as an opening band with *way* less time.

Glenn H.

That's funny because I was thinking about this today! The PERFECT band for them to open for would be Nevermore! They are WAAAAAY too good to open for some stupid sword weilding power metal band!

I too am new to Evergrey...I found this forum, read some of the threads and decided to buy "Recreation Day" from The End Records. I've had it for about a month now and I have to say I LOVE THEM!!!! They rule my cd player....a LOT!!!

Thanks everyone... I know about BW&BK and Progpower USA... but I'm in Massachusetts, unfortunately. I wish that just before or after Progpower they'd pull at least an east coast tour with another band on the Progpower bill or something... at the last Symphony X show I saw, they said they'd be back on a headlining jaunt later in the year... what I would give to see them with Evergrey!

Note: I don't like Hammerfall either, but I'd go to see Evergrey anyway.

Demonspell said:
I've heard rumors that Evergrey may be touring with Nevermore in Europe...if that happens in the US, my heart will be in danger of stopping prematurely. :)

wow... that tour would be amazing... please do that in the US! Please!

Jim Pitulski was telling me a couple days ago that they're trying to put together a US tour with Evergrey and Symphony X, and asked where he should book them in Baltimore. *perk* I have no problem with traveling to Jaxx to see them, but I'll be a very happy camper if there's a show local to me as well.

I didn't think to ask for a time frame, but I'm assuming it'd be shortly after PPIV.

Rikard mentioned to me that they may be touring with Symphony X in the U.S. too. Hopefully Inside Out gets a date on their home turf in Pittsburgh. This tour will be amazing if it happens.

I just saw Evergrey this past weekend and they were awesome. They were only given an hour to play which sort of sucked but they had a great setlist and I got to talk to the band for a while afterwards. How someone can say that they are an Evergrey fan and like someone as lame as Dream Theatre is beyond me. Dream Theatre is like seeing a Broadway play live. Their songs totally suck although I do admit they are very talented. I will be seeing them live again this summer with Queensryche, but I am certainly not going for them. The fact that Dream Theatre lacks substance can pretty much be proven by the fact that they toured with Joe Satriani last summer. Talk about talent with no message. Hammerfall blows DT out of the water any day in my book although Evergrey and Hammerfall would not make the best ticket.