Evergrey on the radio

DemiGodRaven

New Metal Member
Mar 5, 2004
Hi, I guess I'm kind of new around the forum. I'm a bit of a lurker, I've been reading this forum since I think beginning of January. Brief history aside, I came upon Evergrey by their video Blinded on Headbangers Ball, i thought it was amazing, "A heavy metal band where the lead singer *gasp* actually sings?!", so I bought it, now I own Recreation Day and The Inner Circle. I don't trust any online websites, so I've been record hunting for the other cd's of theirs. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Now, on to topic. Has Evergrey sent out any promotional material to raido stations in the U.S? You know, Demo's, Single's, things like such. Because the radio station out here in Sacramento (98 Rock) does this thing called "All Request Lunch" and I'm considering calling in during school lunch and requesting some Evergrey stuff. The Sacramento area crowd is usually pretty receptive to new stuff, and Evergrey's style of playing matches the metal that they tend to play a lot out here, so I'm hoping that I can make them one of the radio mainstays. The Dj, usually plays just about anything that they are asked to play, I just wanna make sure I'm not calling to have the dj go, "Who's that?".

Any help here?

oh, and is there any shot Evergrey could come to Sacramento? I'm sixteen, don't have a car, and I don't know anyone down in San Francisco (since everyone plays the Fillmore) so, could I possibly see them at least once before they are on their 7th or 8th cd?

Welcome!

I don't think Evergrey gets played on the radio in the U.S. Just on t.v. Every once in a while i'll hear "Touch of Blessing" on KNAC.com which is internet radio in L.A. but people listen to it all over the world. I wish L.A. actually had a hard rock radio station so that i could request some Evergrey... And you definitely should call up your station to request Evergrey! Tell us what happens when you talk to the dj! :headbang:

Evergrey isn't coming to Sacramento...there going to tour Europe. Maybe they'll comeback here to headline later this year? Since they have been getting such great reviews from everyone.