Evergrey-A Night to Remember/pentagram

panzermastery

May 10, 2005
For those that have been listening to Evergrey for quite a while do you guys have any idea why the put a pentagram on the cover??? I never really seen them use this in the past! Does anybody have any insight on this????

I happen to be listening to that now. They did have 5 studio albums prior to ANTR, and they've filled in the star spaces with images from those particular albums - maybe they started from there and then added a star - which would look really dorky right side up, so they flipped it over.

BlackenedDawn said:
The pentagram always lingers. ESPECIALLY for Evergrey. No dark metal band is complete without it, haha!! Cheers! :p

trouble is, Evergrey stopped being a "dark" metal band on In Search of Truth. ;)

Force10 said:
I happen to be listening to that now. They did have 5 studio albums prior to ANTR, and they've filled in the star spaces with images from those particular albums - maybe they started from there and then added a star - which would look really dorky right side up, so they flipped it over.
that was my impression. Dream Theater did the exact same thing with their 8 albums.

Did someone just ask why a Metal band would use a pentagram in their artwork? Hmmm... I'm now trying to guess what his next post might be:

A. Hey, have you ever noticed that people who listen to Metal have long hair?
B. Why do they need all those Marshalls?
C. Is it just me, or does it seem that most Metal bands have a guitar player?
D. What's with all this headbanging? That can't be any good for your neck.

Zod

General Zod said:
A. Hey, have you ever noticed that people who listen to Metal have long hair?
B. Why do they need all those Marshalls?
C. Is it just me, or does it seem that most Metal bands have a guitar player?
D. What's with all this headbanging? That can't be any good for your neck.

Zod

lawl<3

eaeolian said:
Good thing he did that before the drinking started, or it might have been on YOUR forehead. :lol:

No kidding; I have pictures of him giving Rikard a black nose. He's a dangerous man with a Sharpie.

Nah, well not the original Dark Discovery disc, I'm not sure about the reissue from InsideOut. The original has a snake slithering on the outside coiling inwards, and then theres a few star of david's in there.

Palabra de Dios said:
An upside-down 5-pointed star doesn't necessarily make it a pentagram...just an upside-down star.

Uhhh...actually any five pointed star drawn with five straight lines is technically a "pentagram".

The upside-down version has been used by Pythagoreans and Satanists...and every great Metal band. :headbang:

Later
Phil