Evergrey and James Labrie (013,Tilburg)

Dec 3, 2004
Valkenswaard, Netherlands
Yesterday I saw Evergrey supporting James Labrie and I must say that evergrey was way better. I tought the performence of James was really bad although I liked the music (never heard it before yesterday).
Sad that the sound was bad on the first song of evergrey but after thet everything was great :headbang: .
Maybe some of you don't agree with this but I would like to know your opinions.

I absolutely agree.. To me the sound was a bit weird since I'm used to Arnolds way of mixing Evergrey live.. Not that I thought it was bad, just weird to my ears.. The sound of the first song was indeed pretty messy.. I couldn't hear anything but drums..
I don't like Labrie either, only saw 1,5 song..

I really enjoyed myself yesterday evening. It was cool to hear them play I'm Sorry since they didn't play it in both Weert and Arnhem last December.
I thought James LaBrie was pretty cool too actually.

I didn't see James out here, but I'm in DT country on Long Island, New York. He played a couple of dates in this area and they were small club gigs. Everyone whom I know that went said it was an amazing show. Perhaps it's the venues, but who knows. Or it could simply be the contrast of LaBrie and Evergrey.

Although a big difference here is that "celebs" from many other prog bands have been mingling in the audience, such as the other members of Dream Theater, and the members of Symphony X. Good to have a few bands from our hometown. The Queensryche NYC shows were the same with many prog groups in the audience.

Well, Evergrey, good as always... and we had at least some celebs in the audience with Labrie... being Tom, Henrik and Rikard.. :)
Personally, I like Arnold's sound better, certainly in a venue like the 013, where you can have good sound... I know that I liked the sound much better of Kamelot the other day... (And yes, Arnold's on tour with Kamelot at the moment)
Labrie, didn't know their music, and maybe that is just what it is... he had a couple of tremendous good musicians around him... But they didn't look like a band together... It looked a bit like a few musicians thrown together.. Probably exactly what happened.. Some songs were really good, but I think that a 2 hour show for Labrie was a bit long... The Evergrey show on the other hand was a bit short with only 45 mins...

Just my 2 cents..

Some pictures :ill:

KTB260405-09.jpg

KTB260405-01.jpg

http://www.nera-k.com

I thought both acts were very good. Too bad Evergrey started 15 minutes early so i missed a couple of songs. Nice setlist, great sound.

LaBrie's performance was great as well, although i seemed to one of the few who knew the words of the songs on the EoP album. :p

Who's doing the mixing on this tour??

Anneke said:
I absolutely agree.. To me the sound was a bit weird since I'm used to Arnolds way of mixing Evergrey live.. Not that I thought it was bad, just weird to my ears.. The sound of the first song was indeed pretty messy.. I couldn't hear anything but drums..
I don't like Labrie either, only saw 1,5 song..

Anyone remember the Evergrey setlist?

Looking forward to the show with Labrie in London on Saturday
...then Dynamo warm-up, Dynamo and Bloodstock :D

Herman said:
More Than Ever
She Speaks To The Dead
I'm Sorry
Mark Of The Triangle
A Touch Of Blessing
Recreation Day
The Masterplan

The order might be a little bit off, but i guess it will do.

I'm quite sure they also played Blinded... Otherwise thanks!

the setlist from the gig in Düsseldorf.....

Intro
Blinded
The End Of Your Days
More Than Ever
She Speaks To The Dead
I'm Sorry
Recreation Day
Mark Of The Triangle
A Touch Of Blessing
The Masterplan

prologue said:
I'm quite sure they also played Blinded... Otherwise thanks!

To be honest, that's quite possible :). I blame the fucking NS for it, fuckers really seem to get nowhere in time.. I thought I only missed the intro, but it seems I missed one or two songs also.

Aaargh. Better luck next week.