May 1, 2005
i was looking forward to seeing evergrey and james labrie in london
but labrie was totally outclassed by a magnificent evergrey
the best band ive seen all year
this band must surely be destined for greatness

see you at bloodstock
they must headline the uk next year its a must

a very happy evergrey fan

As a big fan of band there is no doubt I liked it but THE band with estabilished renome and quality like Evergrey should not play in Mean Fiddler, it should be Astoria.
Mean Fiddler have nasty aqustic and band realy did not sound good. I do not know if its fault of the place or man behind a console.
There was no clear sound. The best way to describe it is try to imagine You do not know the band, the songs, the melody and lyrics and try to listen it, I bet You would leave the place, It was very hard to hear any lyrics and only catchy pieces of guitars wer easly distinguished from the " noise".
So good treat for fans as You can sing the songs in your head but any one first time would hardly go again for their show.

Next time Evergrey please play in Astoria or Underworld . PLEASE.

monial said:
As a big fan of band there is no doubt I liked it but THE band with estabilished renome and quality like Evergrey should not play in Mean Fiddler, it should be Astoria.
Mean Fiddler have nasty aqustic and band realy did not sound good. I do not know if its fault of the place or man behind a console.
There was no clear sound. The best way to describe it is try to imagine You do not know the band, the songs, the melody and lyrics and try to listen it, I bet You would leave the place, It was very hard to hear any lyrics and only catchy pieces of guitars wer easly distinguished from the " noise".
So good treat for fans as You can sing the songs in your head but any one first time would hardly go again for their show.

Next time Evergrey please play in Astoria or Underworld . PLEASE.
i totally agree evergrey should be playing the astoria as the mean fiddler has the worst sound for any london venue but from where i was standing in the middle at the front it was very good

this band deserve better
evergrey rock

sknight said:
You guys realize that EG can't select a place to play when they tour. That's completely up to the promoters and tour agencies.

Yes I do realize that, but they can negotiate and thats what is managers job, to not make band play bad gig. it was not that bad , but it was not good as well.
I did stand at the back as well, just before console cage and it was crap.
Anyway I have heard other bands sound better in Mean Fiddler, I am not saiying their are bad band !! They great, I've heard other gigs and I will never forget it, but this one was realy poor quality, and thats up to place and sound enginers, not the band, I belive they did they best, but what can You do when place is crap.

Again, this was someone else's tour, so they're taking what they can get because they were guests of LaBrie and he's giving them excellent exposure, as evidenced by the amount of press and all the sites and message boards with their pics.

I saw LaBrie and Evergrey in Switzerland, and, fucking hell, LaBrie was shit... was he out on the pull, or? Girls music.