Great show last night (London)

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
I had no idea Evergrey were playing at all. There was next to no advertising for the show, and that never mentioned the support act. We were in London doing some shopping and we decided that we'd go to the show if there was a decent support act. Unfortunately even the woman from the venue had no idea who was supporting.. It wasn't until I asked a guy who had been queueing outside since 2pm that I finally realised. We bought the tickets right away!

I'm really glad we did. Evergrey were fantastic. Tom's a great frontman and mid way through the set the crowd had gone from a cold start to blazing hot. LaBrie didn't stand a chance afterwards (and he didn't even seem to make an attempt, if I'm to be honest.. Not my cup of tea at all.) .

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the band again whenever that may be.

I'd also like to apologise to the people who thought I was Tom, despite him being a good 5 inches taller than me... maybe I shouldn't have signed those CDs, but it was fun being a "star" for a few minutes :)

I have to say I agree, I absolutely adored Evergrey's set, whereas Labrie didn't do anything for me. Its probably more to do with the fact that I'm a big Evergrey fan, whereas Labrie's solo stuff just makes me go hmm thats not bad.

Can't wait to see them at Bloodstock Open Air, and also just one more album of theirs and I have them all YAY

Lee_B said:
I had no idea Evergrey were playing at all. There was next to no advertising for the show, and that never mentioned the support act.
You weren't the only one, a few folks I spoke to didn't have a clue either. Only reason I was aware of it was the website/mailing list, otherwise I'd have completely missed out and been upset. Evergrey were the main reason I went, which is a first for me. I don't think I've ever gone to a gig because of the support act before!

I'm really glad we did. Evergrey were fantastic. Tom's a great frontman and mid way through the set the crowd had gone from a cold start to blazing hot. LaBrie didn't stand a chance afterwards (and he didn't even seem to make an attempt, if I'm to be honest.. Not my cup of tea at all.)
You noticed that about the crowd too? I was down there yelling away, and going a bit hoarse as a result, but thought the crowd seemed a bit muted at first. I was very pleased at the reaction Evergrey got from them later on though. I'd have hated the Evergrey boys to come away disappointed with the crowd reaction to them - I'm praying for a headline tour someday!

Absolutely loved the event, fantastic to be there and see the sheer energy they put into their performance. Watching that and listening to the crunching riffs was just a total pleasure, one I aim to repeat whenever I get a chance.

I've actually been a fan of Dream Theater since their first album, and so I've been listening to LaBrie for many years now. But I wasn't too interested in his gig in the evening. Entertaining enough, but not my main reason for being there. Impressive guitarist I thought though.