Evergrey announces "Major Changes"?

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
From Blabbermouth:

Swedish metallers EVERGREY have issued the following update:

"Been a long time since the last update but we are currently extremely deep into the songwriting and recording of the new album which should be released during the fall 2010.

"Do we need to tell you that it sounds good, great, fantastic…? Like always, right? At the same time we are working with a lot of new people to ensure the best possibilities for a successful work for the new album. There will be more news about this soon. But there are some MAJOR changes in the world of EVERGREY, and we are confident it will all be for the better.

"At the moment we are booking a short tour for Europe in May, tour of South America in June and some dates for the USA in connection with that. Festivals on top of that and so far we have a couple we can't go official with until we get the word, so be sure to visit [our web site] to stay on top of where you can catch us soon."

Any ideas?

Sounds like someone left the band and got replaced and they are trying to build suspense as to who it will be, or maybe some special guest musicians?

Unless Henrik is leaving, does anyone care? And really, one could make a convincing argument that Evergrey has been on a downward trajectory for nearly a decade now. And to that end, I'm not sure that any change should be met with alarm.

Unless Henrik is leaving, does anyone care? And really, one could make a convincing argument that Evergrey has been on a downward trajectory for nearly a decade now. And to that end, I'm not sure that any change should be met with alarm.

BAM!

The band has never sounded the same since Patrick left; his drumming let the music be progressive without letting it get out of bounds. Since he left, the music has been dumbed down.

actually if unless Tom left, then it would be...then does anyone care?:Smug:

If it's an issue of member changes, I hope it's the departure of Jonas and the possible return of Patrick Carlsson. I agree that the band has slumped in the recent past - I still love The Inner Circle but Monday Morning Apocalypse sucked and Torn was only a step back toward their previous quality.

As long as Tom is involved, I can't see Evergrey changing THAT much - if anything I think he needs to stop letting the other guys distort his vision and creativity. But that being said - I think whatever this change is - if it is as "major" as they make it out to be, it's either going to help reestablish them as the gods they are/were, or be a nail in the coffin and probably doom them to mediocrity indefinitely.

Evergrey need NO lineup changes. as far as i am concerned being a musician, jonas fits in way better than the band than patrick. i like his style better and he plays all the stuff patick recorded BETTER than he did. plus jonas looks way cooler and image is very important in the market. i hope the big changes are the SOUND. i was fairly disappointed with "torn". i did like it, however, it may be there weakest (aside from dark discovery) i hope they bring back more recreation day, in search for truth type songs. a CONCEPT. and maybe a full out concept album! maybe with characters and shit. i pray to god there are no lineup changes. this is a stable very stong lineup! come to dallas damnit!!!!!

Agreed.

The band has never sounded the same since Patrick left; his drumming let the music be progressive without letting it get out of bounds. Since he left, the music has been dumbed down.

Agreed 100%

Evergrey need NO lineup changes. as far as i am concerned being a musician, jonas fits in way better than the band than patrick. i like his style better and he plays all the stuff patick recorded BETTER than he did. plus jonas looks way cooler and image is very important in the market. i hope the big changes are the SOUND. i was fairly disappointed with "torn". i did like it, however, it may be there weakest (aside from dark discovery) i hope they bring back more recreation day, in search for truth type songs. a CONCEPT. and maybe a full out concept album! maybe with characters and shit. i pray to god there are no lineup changes. this is a stable very stong lineup! come to dallas damnit!!!!!

I agree completely with this. Jonas is a very good drummer and it's not because of him that the past Evergrey disks were bad. It was because the song writing was complete shit. Which I don't believe Jonas had too much input on.

I never understood the thought of how a drummer could leave and the band goes to shit. People try saying that about Hammerfall also. Unless the drummer is the main song writer, which they were not, it should have nothing to do with the song being completely crap. I'm not saying that some drummers aren't better that other and brings a different sound but do you really think a more 'progressive' drumming style would make MMA a better album?? Tom needs to get back to what ever he was doing when ISoT came out and start writing materiel like that. I hope the major announcement is about the musical style and not line up changes. Hell, like Zod said, as long and it's about a change in their style (hopefully going back to their style) I don't care if the entire line up changes besides Tom and Henrik.